1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Whats the most Authentic British Pub Donwtown?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by lucky1, Oct 13, 2005.

1. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

Friends want to go to a "real" pub for dinner can someone recoemend somewhere that has good British Fare?

2. kat

kat TRIBE Member

the firkin chain seems pretty authentic ;p

3. Beer babe

Beer babe TRIBE Member

duke of gloucester! dark, dank, yummy food!

4. Gizmo

Gizmo TRIBE Member

Not British, but McVeighs on Church is an Irish pub with all that craptacular food that Irish / British people like. Boddingtons on tap, good selection of beers. About 70% of the IRA make their home there if you believe all the stories from the regulars. And the obligatory drunks in the corner.

They even have daily giveaways there...wear blue or a Glasgow Rangers jersey and someone will throw a glass at your head.

It's at Richmond and Church

5. I_bRAD

I_bRAD TRIBE Member

Allen's at Danforth/Broadview is decent.

6. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

stew actually did this (the rangers jersey, on ST. PATRICK'S DAY!), and i told him that i hoped someone would notice and kick the shit out of him. and i meant it. :)

(the food is terrible though)

7. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

I like The Village Idiot myself.

8. stryker

stryker TRIBE Member

I wore it all day and nothing happened to me because those Irish micks know better than to talk back to their British Overlords!

HAHA

:p

Stew
    P.S. Hi Jane :)

9. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

what the shit ever! you hid it under your jacket the whole time like the pansy you are!
    (hi stew! :) )

10. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

11. stryker

stryker TRIBE Member

I hid nothing, your forced me to wear my green sweater so that I could blend in with the locals.

Stew

12. derek

derek TRIBE Member

seconded.

also, try feathers on kingston road b/t vic prk & main.

13. kat

kat TRIBE Member

oh mcveighs

14. bblutoo

bblutoo TRIBE Member

15. alma

alma TRIBE Member

Damn I wish Pimblett's on Gerrard near Parliament was still around because I'd recommend that. It was authentic to the power of n. The food was cooked from scratch.

16. evil homer

evil homer TRIBE Member

allen's is a good gastro pub though with lots of proper beer and tasty food. perhaps a little more london than british

c'est what is also pretty decent. shepherd's pie and the like, always a bitter on tap. it'd be more at home in yorkshire (which is great by me)

17. Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension TRIBE Member

Another vote for Timothy McVeigh's on Church St.

But if you want British and not Irish or Scottish, The Duke I think. I don't realy spend much time in pubs that aren't Irish.

18. AlyG

AlyG TRIBE Member

Baaastaaads.

lol @ fattest fan thread

19. I_bRAD

I_bRAD TRIBE Member

Actually, house on parliament (Parliament near carlton) has quite good food and the prices are good as well.

20. marcinm

marcinm TRIBE Member

what about a hearts jersey :)

21. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

Dora's beside it

[jai]

22. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

duke of argyle has great fish and chips and the servers wear kilts and such,....great look on the women...not so much the guys

23. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

i didn't think dora keogh's serves food (unless you book ahead for yer ma's kitchen).

24. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

this could be true, i on ly ever drank at doras after eating at allens.

[jai]

25. orgnlbrkr

orgnlbrkr TRIBE Member

duke of westminster is good too.....all the duke's are good as it's a chain....

the duke chain