• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Whats the most Authentic British Pub Donwtown?

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Friends want to go to a "real" pub for dinner can someone recoemend somewhere that has good British Fare?

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
Not British, but McVeighs on Church is an Irish pub with all that craptacular food that Irish / British people like. Boddingtons on tap, good selection of beers. About 70% of the IRA make their home there if you believe all the stories from the regulars. And the obligatory drunks in the corner.

They even have daily giveaways there...wear blue or a Glasgow Rangers jersey and someone will throw a glass at your head.

It's at Richmond and Church

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Gizmo
They even have daily giveaways there...wear blue or a Glasgow Rangers jersey and someone will throw a glass at your head.
stew actually did this (the rangers jersey, on ST. PATRICK'S DAY!), and i told him that i hoped someone would notice and kick the shit out of him. and i meant it. :)

(the food is terrible though)

stryker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by janiecakes
stew actually did this (the rangers jersey, on ST. PATRICK'S DAY!), and i told him that i hoped someone would notice and kick the shit out of him. and i meant it. :)

(the food is terrible though)
I wore it all day and nothing happened to me because those Irish micks know better than to talk back to their British Overlords!

HAHA

:p

Stew
P.S. Hi Jane :)

stryker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by janiecakes
what the shit ever! you hid it under your jacket the whole time like the pansy you are!
(hi stew! :) )
I hid nothing, your forced me to wear my green sweater so that I could blend in with the locals.

Stew

alma

TRIBE Member
Damn I wish Pimblett's on Gerrard near Parliament was still around because I'd recommend that. It was authentic to the power of n. The food was cooked from scratch.

evil homer

TRIBE Member
allen's is a good gastro pub though with lots of proper beer and tasty food. perhaps a little more london than british

c'est what is also pretty decent. shepherd's pie and the like, always a bitter on tap. it'd be more at home in yorkshire (which is great by me)

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Another vote for Timothy McVeigh's on Church St.

But if you want British and not Irish or Scottish, The Duke I think. I don't realy spend much time in pubs that aren't Irish.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Actually, house on parliament (Parliament near carlton) has quite good food and the prices are good as well.

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Gizmo
Not British, but McVeighs on Church is an Irish pub with all that craptacular food that Irish / British people like. Boddingtons on tap, good selection of beers. About 70% of the IRA make their home there if you believe all the stories from the regulars. And the obligatory drunks in the corner.

It's at Richmond and Church
what about a hearts jersey :)