• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What's the deal with the rave light at Yonge and College?

juice

TRIBE Member
Not sure if anyone else ever gets a view of this at night ... we're at Yonge and Wellesley and have huge floor to ceiling windows and a long living room that looks south over Yonge etc etc ... at Yonge and College, well east of College so Carlton there is a newer building about 50 stories or so I figure that has a big ass light sculpture on top. About three stories in height and random colour light patterns that just change randomly. Sometimes solid, sometimes blinking, sometimes rapidly changing colours. I wish it was weather related like the Canada Life? building at Queen and University but it isn't. Anyone with any insight into the story with that this building?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

juice

TRIBE Member
I wish it was and that the over indulgence in alcohol tonight was a factor but it was verified by a few sources, several of which had a lot less to drink than I so I shall take their opinion into account for a change.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
there's one at yonge and adelaide. not sure if it's the one you're thinking of... the whole building is lit up and switches colour.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

girlnextdoor

TRIBE Member
i have a view of that out my window too. it's okay when it's slowly changing colours but a bit hard to take when it starts flashing rapidly. RAVE! RAVE! RAVE!

JamesM

TRIBE Member
juice said:
Not sure if anyone else ever gets a view of this at night ... we're at Yonge and Wellesley and have huge floor to ceiling windows and a long living room that looks south over Yonge etc etc ... at Yonge and College, well east of College so Carlton there is a newer building about 50 stories or so I figure that has a big ass light sculpture on top. About three stories in height and random colour light patterns that just change randomly. Sometimes solid, sometimes blinking, sometimes rapidly changing colours. I wish it was weather related like the Canada Life? building at Queen and University but it isn't. Anyone with any insight into the story with that this building?

We saw the same thing a few weeks back. That must be some seriously awesomeness in the penthouse. If that's where its emitting from. But it must be! and there are huge disco balls, and light floors.

sugar

TRIBE Member
Thank goodness my window faces the other direction...towards the other flashing monitor at Yonge & Bloor!

Lurch

TRIBE Member
My bro lives in the building beside it, but on the opposite side, in the reflection off of college park building you can see the light glowing. he explained it reacts to wind speed by changing color and intensity.

billy

TRIBE Member
those video displays they put on the bay building at queen and yonge seem to be a real smart investment.