• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

what's the deal with reg hartt and the cineforum?

jasmyn

TRIBE Member
so a couple of friends and i are thinking of going to watch the dark side of oz, which is the wizard of oz played in unison with pink floyd's the dark side of the moon.

its playing at the cineforum for $20 and $10 for those under 24.

but i can't seem to find any info on the theatre, except for the guy who owns it or why its so expensive. and will they be id'ing everyone who buys a ticket?

anyone been there or know the story? what's the dealio?

MoFo

TRIBE Member
So Steve told me to suggest this:

I have the album.
We rent the Wizard.
Cue it up.
Smoke some 'erb.

Done and done.

Jazz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
So Steve told me to suggest this:
only thing i suggested was for you to stop putting hotdogs up there...

DON"T PUT ANUS UP ANUS, THATS HOW MAD COW STARTED

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
He hosts movies in his living room and apparently he's a bit of a nut - before the film he'll go into a self-involved, somewhat paranoid rant about the film, critics, or whatever's on his mind. Conventional advice is to go as close to start time as possible.

edit: laughing at your inability to find anything about the "theatre"...sorry..

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

jasmyn

TRIBE Member
lol, in his living room?! wowsers! now it makes sense why i couldn't find anything about the "theatre".

i don't think i want to pay $20 to watch a movie in some guy's living room.

how big is his tv?

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
that is messed.
I have heard about this... wtf is going on?

I mean, the music cued up to the movie.

I friend of mine went to see this with his girlfriend.

oh well.

Jazz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by jasmyn
how big is his tv?
you're actually still considering going??? count me out... i'm down with sunny's idea...

edit: not the hotdog one, the renting it and watching it at someones house idea...

Last edited:

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
No idea.
By all accounts, it's worth going once just to experience it, though with dark side, you'll also have to hope his CD player's good too...lol.
He's an eccentric lover of unconventional cinema and each year countless undergrads fall under his sway.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by kerouacdude
No idea.
By all accounts, it's worth going once just to experience it, though with dark side, you'll also have to hope his CD player's good too...lol.
He's an eccentric lover of unconventional cinema and each year countless undergrads fall under his sway.
yeap.

acheron

TRIBE Member
reg hartt is something of a legend in the toronto film scene - for the past three decades he's been showing films at various locations around the city - some of his best known presentations have been the sex and violence cartoon festival, and the propaganda films of leni reifenstal - triumph of the will, etc...

Reg has a unique viewpoint on the material he shares specifically because he has seen it all - and done it all - I love going to cineforum 'cuz he is a fan of film, through and through. Definitely not a wackjob as some would have it. When Warner Bros. animator Chuck Jones died a year or so ago he ran a 4-hour festival of his cartoons shown from reels on a screen - not videotape.

Guaranteed the 'rant' that he delivers before the show will be humorous, and informative. He always does his research. You might think of him as the Peter Gzowski of classic film.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
OH, IT'S THAT GUY?

Yeah, people at my school are always going. Supposedly it's really fun but I mean, we all have our own living rooms that we don't have to pay $20 for.

MY PLACE once again. *sigh*

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

beta-vhs

TRIBE Member
Come over to my place and we'll cue up the White Album and Black Album together, and whilst "enjoying" that we'll watch Alice in Wonderland and The Exorcist simulatneously on 2 HDTV's.

Alice in Wonderland vs The Exorcist vs The White Album vs The Black Album vs whatever else is banging around at my apartment

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
kerouacdude said:
You know, like Bart Testa without the critical theory.
..and more Pink Floyd and Radiohead.