• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

whats so good about tehno?

jebac

TRIBE Member
i dont understand it. most of the the tehno ive heard is just far too repetative... whats so good about it?

-jebac

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
perhaps the needle was skipping jebac ...

you couldn't pawn those records off on anyone Trev, who you kidding :D

odbx

bambam

TRIBE Member
are you seriously asking this question, or being facetious??
i dont want to get into a diatribe about the superiority of techno as electronic music without good reason. I make a fool of myself enough as it is.

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
As opposed to the majority of dance music which is NEVER repetitive.

Why does anyone like any form of artistic expression and not others? Who knows?

BBB.

PSSST!?

Techno.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

UR

TRIBE Member
Like I said before,

this new techno thing will never catch on.

;)

"I had been away from Iceland for over a year and when I returned for New Year I stayed on top a mountain. I went for a walk on my own and I saw the ice was thawing in the lava fields. All I could hear was the crackle of the ice, echoing over hundreds of square miles. It was pitch black, the Northern Lights were swirling around and just below them was a layer of thick cloud. I could see the lights from all the towns of my childhood mirrored in the reflection of these clouds, with the lava fields crackling below. It was really techno...."
- Bjork Gudmundsdottir

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
"I had been away from Iceland for over a year and when I returned for New Year I stayed on top a mountain. I went for a walk on my own and I saw the ice was thawing in the lava fields. All I could hear was the crackle of the ice, echoing over hundreds of square miles. It was pitch black, the Northern Lights were swirling around and just below them was a layer of thick cloud. I could see the lights from all the towns of my childhood mirrored in the reflection of these clouds, with the lava fields crackling below. It was really techno...."
- Bjork Gudmundsdottir
what's that all about?

techno sucks

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by UR
Like I said before,

this new techno thing will never catch on.

;)

- Bjork Gudmundsdottir
post of the night...reading this and listening to drexciya really clicks:cool:

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
^^^ best Bjork quote ever, where was that from originally? I know I've read it elsewhere before.

Bjork -> wouldn't kick her out of bed for wearing white Fila's.

odbx - older and more sober = dirty dirty boy.

seeker

TRIBE Member
bjork has grandma boobs. check out that video where she's dancing on the flatbed that's driving through crowded city streets. I'm serious.

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by oddmyth
^^^ best Bjork quote ever, where was that from originally? I know I've read it elsewhere before.

Bjork -> wouldn't kick her out of bed for wearing white Fila's.

odbx - older and more sober = dirty dirty boy.
Dan Sicko used that quote from her in his Techno REbels book...that's where I know it from anyway.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
That would be where I also read it. Thanks Trev.

odbx - grandma boobs or not, Bjork and bed sounds fun to me.

Plato

TRIBE Member
the origin of that quote, i believe, is from a documentary shot during the recording of Homogenic, where she describes how she wanted to translate the sights and feels of iceland's natural wonders into music.

don't know where you can buy it though, i was hoping it'd be made more widely available with this summers string of dvd releases.

N30-p[l]a+0