• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Whats on Your Wall Thread?

Spiritual_Thang

TRIBE Member
Looking for new ideas on what do put on my walls.

I used to only put up movie posters in my room, because they are cheap and easy to get but Im getting bored of that and need something new.

I'm also sick of the same old posters on allposters.com or in those university poster sales. I think I've looked thru their whole inventory.

Art is cool, but still too expensive. I did frame some old concert prints which turned out cool.

What's on your walls??

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Behind my computer, put up some Anime Prints of LAIN: Serial Experiments, printed them on my Colour Laserjet @ work and bought the frames at Black's for $8 ... so total cost ~$10 with taxes ;)

And I put up mounting brackets for my snowboard when I'm not using it..

Just something I decided to do in the living room on one wall, because it was empty and I had an old black frame laying around... Again, prints from Ikea $5, frames $6 ...

pr0nstar :D

labRat

TRIBE Member
big ass clock
prints from ansel adams and van gogh ... only put them up since i saw them at the SF MOMA and london gallery.

personal pics are a good thing ... blow them up real good. i've got a few of my trip to costa rica in my bathroom.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar

Just something I decided to do in the living room on one wall, because it was empty and I had an old black frame laying around... Again, prints from Ikea $5, frames $6 ...

pr0nstar :D
Queer eye much? :D

Brandon

TRIBE Member
A mixed bag, really.

Giant Coca-Cola montage puzzles that have been plaqued and framed, a plaqued Metropolis movie poster, some original artworks by Zela and Ben Motz, plaqued posters from a few parties I've helped put together, and my diplomas.

Also a few cross-stiches made by my mother-in-law that were gifts so exhibiting them was pretty much mandatory. ;)

I have a couple of frames that feature collages of some of my favorite Breathe Nights, as well as a MMII promo poster, a promo poster from Digweed's du Marier night from last year, and a blown up flyer of John Digweed when he appeared @ Meow in 1999 in a frame.

I also have a blown up flyer from Breathe that's signed by Parks & Wilson (thanks again Mike Greco - it's a prized peice in my house).

I have the 4' Global Underground promo posters for Danny Howell's Nubreed (which is in my kitchen), Nick Warren's Amsterdam (which is signed by Nick himself, next to my computer), John Digweed's GU 14 Hong Kong (which sits over my bed) and Darren Emerson's GU 15 Uruaguay (which sits next to the John Digweed GU 14 poster - thanks again Lil Timmy :)).

Other stuff - A ghost in the shell anime banner, some more, smaller GU posters (Deep Dish in Moscow), Yoshiesque 2 promo poster, John Digweed's Bedrock Promo Poster, a promo poster of Samuel L. Jackson from Jackie Brown, a poster of The Salton Sea and a couple of flyers tacked onto my wall that hold some sort of sentimental significance.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
A few paintings of my dad's and family friends...an advantage of having a professoinal artist in the family, my old comic book collection, some mirrors and authentic African masks that I collect. Sounds like a lot, but it works for my space.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
I have a couple of frames that feature collages of some of my favorite Breathe Nights, as well as a MMII promo poster, a promo poster from Digweed's du Marier night from last year, and a blown up flyer of John Digweed when he appeared @ Meow in 1999 in a frame.

I also have a blown up flyer from Breathe that's signed by Parks & Wilson (thanks again Mike Greco - it's a prized peice in my house).

I have the 4' Global Underground promo posters for Danny Howell's Nubreed (which is in my kitchen), Nick Warren's Amsterdam (which is signed by Nick himself, next to my computer), John Digweed's GU 14 Hong Kong (which sits over my bed) and Darren Emerson's GU 15 Uruaguay (which sits next to the John Digweed GU 14 poster - thanks again Lil Timmy :)).

Other stuff - A ghost in the shell anime banner, some more, smaller GU posters (Deep Dish in Moscow), Yoshiesque 2 promo poster, John Digweed's Bedrock Promo Poster, a promo poster of Samuel L. Jackson from Jackie Brown, a poster of The Salton Sea and a couple of flyers tacked onto my wall that hold some sort of sentimental significance.

RAVER! :p

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
Posters:

Fast and the Furious
Tribe Events 2000, 2001, 2002

Flyers:

Destiny 31
Destiny 33
Wemf 99,2000,2001,2002,2003
Freakin 98

and a big ass "Rev" sign made of steel.

:)

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I like minimalism.

My bedroom is lavender with silver stars stenciled around the top of the walls. I have an ikea round mirror and one nice simple picture from ikea as well. Oh and an astrology calender.

I can't stand a lot of shit to look at. I think it looks too cluttery.

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by geminigirl

I can't stand a lot of shit to look at. I think it looks to cluttery.

heh

Good thing you didnt see my room then back in the peak of the rave scene.

I literally had four walls of nothing but flyers, I took them all down when I decided that it looked to...cluttery...haha!

Now I just have my favorites up, and it looks much better. The rest of my flyers are sitting in a 4 X4 box, full, and hopefully one day they will be worth a small fortune.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by green_souljah
heh

I literally had four walls of nothing but flyers, I took them all down when I decided that it looked to...cluttery...haha!

Now I just have my favorites up, and it looks much better. The rest of my flyers are sitting in a 4 X4 box, full, and hopefully one day they will be worth a small fortune.
My first year at college was like that.
MY room was pretty hype though.
I had xmas lights and flyers and everything.

uhm at this residence im not allowed to put tacks or tape on the walls. I have to use macktack (sp) So i have a Canadian Flag, a SEx and the City poster, a black and white poster of the one and only Johnny Depp *drool* and an Emily: I want you to leave me alone, poster. I also have a timeposter 60 day calendar but when i get my own place i want to put up paintings and make it look all nice.

I like pronstar's rooms.
very chic :D

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by green_souljah
heh

hahaha...yeah, I keep mine all in a nice box. I love pulling it out every now and again and thinking about the good'ol days! *sigh*

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
^and yes PrOnstar's rooms are very chic!
He has a super nice appartment for sure. He's VERY neat for a boy. Everything in his appartment has it's place. Even his closets are super tidy.hehe Kenny you weirdo! But I'm just as neat.:D

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
hahaha...yeah, I keep mine all in a nice box. I love pulling it out every now and again and thinking about the good'ol days! *sigh*

You know, that is one thing that picks me up if Im a little bummed out for whatever reason.

:)

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
^and yes PrOnstar's rooms are very chic!
He has a super nice appartment for sure. He's VERY neat for a boy. Everything in his appartment has it's place. Even his closets are super tidy.hehe Kenny you weirdo! But I'm just as neat.:D
Yeah, i've just seen pictures, always looks awsome.

Someone already said it in this thread but ill say it again, Queer eye much? :p

Alita

TRIBE Member

^^ I have this picture on my wall :D

I also have some dried flowers hanging next to each side of my closet's doors.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hawk Eye
Someone already said it in this thread but ill say it again, Queer eye much? :p
Funny thing, is I've seen that show once and only half of it.

I'm just MetroSexual.

pr0nstar :p

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders