1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

what's film lounge like these days?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by TribeLurkerGrrl, Oct 21, 2003.

1. TribeLurkerGrrl

TribeLurkerGrrl TRIBE Member

never been there, but I've heard friday nights are pretty good...

got a friend visiting from out of town who wants to go clubbing this weekend, but there does not seem to be much going on. I'm hesistant to take her somewhere I've never been. I think hardish house or techno is in order. any suggestions?

:cool:

2. litespeed

litespeed Well-Known TRIBEr

Saturdays are usually rocking... it's like comfort zone wiht a dress code though... scetchy factor is high but the crowd gives er like it's going out of style.
    residents are Jelo, Deko-ze, Sydney Blu.....

3. litespeed

Saturday Jelo will be at System along with World DMC champ DJ Dopey.

4. MrMarcus

MrMarcus TRIBE Member

If there's no special events going on in the city, I'm usually at Film. Dekoze, Sydney Blu, and Jelo are arguably the best local DJs around.

5. MeL_Roc

MeL_Roc TRIBE Member

I've only been to Film on a Friday. The music is good. My only complaint would be the dress code.

6. TribeLurkerGrrl

TribeLurkerGrrl TRIBE Member

who spins on Friday, or is Saturday really the night to go? and what's the cover?

thank you again!

7. swilly

swilly TRIBE Member

what is the dress code like?

can you wear smart trainers ? or is it one of these all black shoe thingis

swilly

8. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

Even though there's kick-ass djs, I can't bring myself to going there.

9. AdamAnt

AdamAnt TRIBE Member

Film's like that eh?

10. MrMarcus

MrMarcus TRIBE Member

never been on a Friday...but I hear its also good. cover is $15, I think (I havent paid cover there in a long time!) and dress code is just no running shoes I believe. and don't wear baseball caps just to be safe :)

11. MrMarcus

MrMarcus TRIBE Member

sydney blu posts here sometimes. maybe u can hit her up for guest list ;)

12. Special K

Special K TRIBE Member

for a residents night i'd pick film over all of the other afterhours clubs in the city...

13. Skipper

Skipper TRIBE Member

Yep. They tend to be most versatile on any given night.

14. SnugzZz

SnugzZz TRIBE Member

Where exactly is film located? Can you wear jeans there? Dark jeans, not all ripped up? Cause I really don't do the dress code thing very well.

Snugz

15. Special K

Special K TRIBE Member

film is on the south side of dundas, east of spadina and west of beverly

you shouldnt have a problem if you want to wear jeans there (ive never had a problem in doing that???)

16. AdamAnt

AdamAnt TRIBE Member

Dress to impress. Otherwise what else is there?

17. litespeed

my major beef with film is not being allowed to wear runners... who the hell wants to be out dancing all night in anything other then runners!
    although I have only been once... and I did wear runners :D

they got some serious tunage going on in that place though

18. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

For future reference, in case I ever go some time ... can someone tell me if these shoes are considered runners? I mean they definately aren't running shoes. But they aren't full-on dress shoes either. Would Film Lounge let me in wearing something like these?

[​IMG]

Cheers ... Ian :)

19. s1k

s1k TRIBE Member

I've been there on fridays after 2 and the cover was 20. Adi usually plays after 2 till 4 i think...he's pretty good, actually pretty wicked. You can wear those shoes for sure...just dont like a punk (no hats, ripped jeans..or cross trainer kicks) oh and the speakers, dont dance in front of them...i did that for a few hours one night and now every time i go out and hear any sort of loud music my ears poped all night, its really annoyin, i think i might go to the doctor or somtehing (any 1 else experience this?)

20. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

to impress who, the doorman?

21. torontobarfly

torontobarfly TRIBE Member

since everyone's asking questions i'll jump in......

what are the hours?? does it go around the clock like c/z or do they make you go home at some time:D

22. AdamAnt

AdamAnt TRIBE Member

me!

23. exrboy

exrboy TRIBE Promoter

Not allowing runners at a place with Jelo, Dekoze or Sidney Blu spinning is a violation.

24. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

Fuck the dress to impress. You can't dance in dress shoes. Well, not unless it's the chicken dance.

-- Jay aka Fut

25. AdamAnt

AdamAnt TRIBE Member

You gotta get the right dress shoes.

Y'all don't know.