• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Whats a CV???

chemi11

TRIBE Member
Without this thread getting hijacked.

I was looking for employment in the Carabbean. I asked for a person to contact, and got a response looking for my CV. Without asking the person and looking like a fool, I replied with my resume.
What's a CV in business terms???

Any help will be great.

Thanks
Mike

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

djtk

TRIBE Member
CV = Curriculum Vitae = your resume

"Without asking the person and looking like a fool, I replied with my resume." <---good on ya!

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
you did the right thing sending in your resume....CV stands for Curriculum Vitae...which is your resume.

good luck on the job!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
It's a liiiiiiiiitle different than a resume in the sense that it includes a lot more detail. If you've published any papers, conducted seminars etc. This is the place to highlight it.

Deus

TRIBE Member
I think a CV is a little different than a resume. A CV has everything on it, while a resume is a downsized version of the CV, and is more often job specific. But I could be wrong.

Soulster

TRIBE Member
i don't think a lot of people know the difference and the term CV and resume are often used interchangeably.

starr

TRIBE Member
Soulster said:
i don't think a lot of people know the difference and the term CV and resume are often used interchangeably.
sometimes
he's applying for a job in the caribbean

when i first helped my friend (who is from the bahamas) convert his c.v. into a resume i had to cut out TONS of stuff
*shrugs*

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i agree with soulster...if the job is non-academic, they are probably using the word CV interchangably with resume.
but if you are applying for something more academic, you should really make up a real CV with all of your papers, presentations, conferences, scholarships yadda yadda yadda included.
you can find a bunch of online examples of real CVs.

deep

TRIBE Member
I agree with booty bits agreeing with soulster. CVs in the academic world mean something different from how they've been bastardized in the rest of the world.

Snapper

TRIBE Member
4776.jpg