• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

whatdayaknow...more computer help needed

Simplistik

TRIBE Member
I got a little problem on my hands and would like to see if any of you could help me out with it...
I upgraded from windows ME to 2000 pro on a my girlfriend's mother's computer. I didn't format and only wanted to upgrade. All went well untill i was prompted for a password in the 2k pro logon screen. I entered the correct password and was taken to a screen that displayed the wallpaper but neither the start menu or any programs loaded. Then i was returned to the logon screen. Every time i enter the password, it is accepted but i am returned to the login screen 30 seconds later. I'll go back to ME if i have to but i figured i'd see if there were any other options.
any help would be appreciated

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
There is no real answer, because there is no real question

So instead, i will post a picture of a dancing 4 legged spider

deep

TRIBE Member
I don't think you can revert back to ME. I think your best bet right now is to just do a reformat. I think your copy of win2k might have been an upgrade only version.

Simplistik

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deep
I don't think you can revert back to ME. I think your best bet right now is to just do a reformat. I think your copy of win2k might have been an upgrade only version.
I think i'll have put the hd into another computer and copy the files they want, then reformat.

p.s. my copy of 2k was the full version