• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

what would you do?

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
My fiancé and I got into a huge fight over something that seemed trivial but is apparently a big deal to him. He's in the process of starting up this company and it seems that I came off less than enthusiastic. Which is not the case at all . When I tried to explain why I seemed to have gotten myslef into more hot water. Now we're both in a battle against eachother. I have tried to apologize numerous times but nothing. I feel horrible but there's no way to convey that to him because we're not really speaking. Do you think at this time it's best to just let things cool down? Or should I find some way of apologizing? This is pretty much our first MAJOR fight in the history of our relationship. I'm lost and don't know what to do really. HELP?

Stop Bill C-10

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I believe you just answered your own question. I would let things cool down a little bit, because no matter how hard you try to apologise, the "other" is still upset and won't really consider your honest apology. I would try and show my interest a little bit by asking questions such as: "So, how is it going with the... busineess?", "Any progress?", "Need any help?", etc...

However, you need to let the time cool things down and have both of you a little rational.

Good luck. :)

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by opium_souldjah
My fiancé and I got into a huge fight over something that seemed trivial but is apparently a big deal to him. He's in the process of starting up this company and it seems that I came off less than enthusiastic. Which is not the case at all . When I tried to explain why I seemed to have gotten myslef into more hot water. Now we're both in a battle against eachother. I have tried to apologize numerous times but nothing. I feel horrible but there's no way to convey that to him because we're not really speaking. Do you think at this time it's best to just let things cool down? Or should I find some way of apologizing? This is pretty much our first MAJOR fight in the history of our relationship. I'm lost and don't know what to do really. HELP?

I've done a couple of my own small businesses along the way, couple of times as a solo couple of times with partners. They are strange little beasts, they require a heart and soul that is %100 dedicated, there is no start or end to the work day. Its a long term gamble and a chance you have to take in life.

What I found is that when things were rough I could lose sight of other things and just be set off by the littlest of things. A week latter I would be fine, but at the exact moment I would flip for no reason.

Personally I think you need to let him cool down. Not that the gestures aren't appropriate just that his head is wrapped around something. Until his head is cleared a little he is exhibiting a classic sign of stress.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: what would you do?

Originally posted by KillaLadY
Why aren't you on ICQ?

oh I totally fried my install at work about 2 weeks ago and haven't had a chance to fix it yet...

No more teasing in the morning woman!!!

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: what would you do?

Originally posted by Ditto Much
oh I totally fried my install at work about 2 weeks ago and haven't had a chance to fix it yet...

No more teasing in the morning woman!!!
Hehe, you don't want a quickie?

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what would you do?

Hehe, you don't want a quickie?

Yes I do but...

jayangel.jpg

something about this picture suggest you won't be involved in my morning quickie!!

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
What, the dog? ;)

yeah once when you start making grunting noises I don't know what hes going to do with me. If you can get your boyfriend to hold on to him, well than maybe...

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Ditto Much
yeah once when you start making grunting noises I don't know what hes going to do with me. If you can get your boyfriend to hold on to him, well than maybe...

heheheheh, it's a "she".

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
heheheheh, it's a "she".

All dogs are "he" even the female ones, all cats are "she" even the male ones. Its a pussy versus dawg thing not a feminine versus masculine.

A dawg is a dawg is a dawg. Pussy is a whole other beast