1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

What will happen to Bill Nylander this season?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SneakyPete, Nov 13, 2018.

?

What will happen to Bill Nye the Wristshot guy?

1. Sign long term

25.0%
  2. Sign bridge deal

25.0%
  3. Trade

25.0%
  4. Sit out year

25.0%
  1. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

I am hoping long term for under $7m/yr, but I think he'll sign short term. If they can't come to an agreemtn don't trade him unless you can get an unreal return for him, otherwise I am ok with him sitting out the year. I also think if he ask for a trade he will quickly find out no team will give him $8m/yr.

2. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

I think he sits and goes to the KHL or Swedish Elite League etc

3. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

He liked a couple Leafs instagram posts the other day so based on that I am going to say he signs with the Leafs.

Bernnie Federko likes this.
  4. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

He'll sign, I'm sure his agent has talked shop with a few teams and I'm confident they didn't like what they heard which was likley nobody willing to go to 7min and offering closer to 6mil.
    Knowing that the money is not there if he does get traded should be enough motivation for him to stay in Toronto, why ruin a good thing if nobody is going to offer you more money than the Leafs

5. Bernnie Federko

It'd be great to get this done

6. Bernnie Federko

7. Bernnie Federko

6 years At 6.9 AAV.

8. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

I think Leafs overpaid by a little but ultimately I am glad Willy is back on the team.

Bernnie Federko likes this.
  9. Bernnie Federko

Now the rumour mill shifts to Marner and Matthews...

10. Bernnie Federko

I honestly thought not signing was fine for the team. It was up to Bill Nye, hockey guy if he was okay with not getting 6m and sitting the year. Leafs held the cards.

11. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

good deal for both sides, I think he may get tradedin the offseason though. depends how deep in the playoffs they go and if Willie is invisible or not

Leivo to Vancouver

12. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

I don't think he's getting traded in the offseason, that's just hot takes from Kypreos. The Leafs see Marner, Matthews, and Nylander (and I guess now JT) as the core they build around they are not signing him just to trade him later on. If you look at their cap situation they can fit everybody in no problem with the exception of Gardiner if he wants market rate.

13. ScottBentley

ScottBentley TRIBE Member

Wee Willy has his nest egg...nothing else to work for

14. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

No more excuses for him...start skating. Do Your Job.

15. Bernnie Federko

Should've done a deal and been at camp