• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

What will happen to Bill Nylander this season?

What will happen to Bill Nye the Wristshot guy?

• Total voters

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I am hoping long term for under $7m/yr, but I think he'll sign short term. If they can't come to an agreemtn don't trade him unless you can get an unreal return for him, otherwise I am ok with him sitting out the year. I also think if he ask for a trade he will quickly find out no team will give him $8m/yr.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
He'll sign, I'm sure his agent has talked shop with a few teams and I'm confident they didn't like what they heard which was likley nobody willing to go to 7min and offering closer to 6mil.
Knowing that the money is not there if he does get traded should be enough motivation for him to stay in Toronto, why ruin a good thing if nobody is going to offer you more money than the Leafs

kyfe

TRIBE Member
good deal for both sides, I think he may get tradedin the offseason though. depends how deep in the playoffs they go and if Willie is invisible or not

Leivo to Vancouver

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I don't think he's getting traded in the offseason, that's just hot takes from Kypreos. The Leafs see Marner, Matthews, and Nylander (and I guess now JT) as the core they build around they are not signing him just to trade him later on. If you look at their cap situation they can fit everybody in no problem with the exception of Gardiner if he wants market rate.