• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What was your favorite childhood toy?

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
You know, the one toy that still excites you when you see them today?

I have to admit, I'm all about the LEGO!
So much so, that it warms my heart that my god-child Bailey LOVES to play with my Lego (that my mom has been holding onto since I was a kid). So for this xmas, I bought her 4 different Harry Potter Lego boxes. And she LOVES it. How cool is that... I get to play Lego my her!

picture+127.jpg

So, what was your favorite toy? Does it still exist today?

It's funny to walk through Toys'R'Us these days and see that My Little Pony, Cabbage Patch Kids, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are still holding their own 20some odd years later.

I dont want to grow up, I'm a Toys'R'Us kid....

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I liked LEGO and CONSTRUX.

My prized possessions were the big Transformers and GI Joe bases, as well as Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain though. Doll houses for boys, they were.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
Lego.

and tranceformers... while I'm home i might dig out my Superion Airealbots and have some fun :)

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
The oldschool transformers probably have more of a hand in my joint rolling ability (dexterity) than any other factor. Those shits were like Rubik's Cubes, and they were made of metal so you'd cut your hand open on them. Recalls? Fuck that...we were tough.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

eskimo

TRIBE Member
lucky1 said:
all things Barbie

hahaha ohhh i had everything barbie. Barbie house, barbie corvette, you name it i had it. Of course my mom still holds on too all of my barbie stuff, in case i have a little girl she wants her to play with them too :p

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
another vote for lego...

I used to have bins of it....it was hype when you mixed the space stuff with the pirate or knights of the round table characters...

Rataxès

TRIBE Member
Lego!

Amazingly, my mother kept all my Lego so it's now waiting for Rataxès Jr. to get old enough to play with it.

It's funny to walk through Toys'R'Us these days and see that My Little Pony, Cabbage Patch Kids, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are still holding their own 20some odd years later.

I dont want to grow up, I'm a Toys'R'Us kid....

That has more to do with toy companies being extremely conservative - they know that today's parents will buy toys that have nostalgic value, so Care Bears and such are 'safe' bets.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
a 9 inch spider-man figure that had a rubber head and an actual cloth costume.

i also had a wicked plastic hulk doll that had cloth purple torn pants. his left leg broke off at the knee, so he had to fight handicpped a lot. a handicapped hulk is still a hulk though, so he was no slouch. he used to kick the crap out of my giant steve austin doll on a pretty regular basis.

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
TaCk OnE? said:
another vote for lego...

I used to have bins of it....it was hype when you mixed the space stuff with the pirate or knights of the round table characters...

Mixing lego was the best...
I still have all my bins...

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
meccano.

design4.jpg

the ever-present risk of slicing your hands open while putting something together made for countless hours of playtime fear.

Lurker

TRIBE Member
LEGO!!!

Just like Rataxes' Mom, mine still has all of mine. 3 medium Rubbermaid Totes full of the stuff.

Such an awesome toy for a kid

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
I had a science kit I thought was great.

mostly because it came with a Bunsen burner, fuel, and tons of sulpher.

we used to make these wicked flaming stink bombs out of tennis balls that we'd set on fire and throw at the neighbors houses, where they'd explode stinky sulfur muck on impact.