• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What to do to get over long relationship?

djfear

TRIBE Member
:(

Any suggestions? I seem to be taking it rather hard and it's a Saturday afternoon with absolutely nothing to do to get my mind off of it. :confused:

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
djfear said:
:(

Any suggestions? I seem to be taking it rather hard and it's a Saturday afternoon with absolutely nothing to do to get my mind off of it. :confused:

lawn mowing
painting
housecleaning
ceremonially burn pictures of SO on BBQ
bike riding
a decent ice cream cone
eat bacon

noodle

TRIBE Member
Cry and through things...I'm serious.

Time and keeping your mind occupied with happy thoughts is really the only answer, but sometimes you need a quick release.

I'm sorry by the way :(

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Hamza

TRIBE Member
it takes time, nothing can really rush it.

Focus on yourself in the meantime, figure out what you want to do as a person in your life.

<--------- 7.5 months later, still single not rushing anything.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Get a bunch of Botox shots in the face at the new place on Queen West and you will never appear sad

djglobalkiller

TRIBE Promoter
distance and time heal, create boundaries with the ex, make sure you dont put yourself in situations where its easy to hang out, things get blurred that way, at least at first. Try to take up a new hobby, or exercise to focus. Definately dont go to places, or do things that constantly remind you of them, as it will only leave you with an emptiness feeling.

On a lighter note, try and shag thier best friend :p or go and try and find a piece of ass for the nice, get it out of your system

all else fails, walks in the park are usually good to clear the mind,

djfear

TRIBE Member
poker face said:
Post on Tribe until you get another girlfriend.

Most people post in the pic threads to hopefully recieve PM's.

Haha, yah but I'd get even more depressed if I didn't get any PM's.

I might do the drinking thing with the "thinking about life" thing.

The worst part is that I can't really discuss it with any of my friends or family because of complications. I suppose for now I can relax with Squarepusher's soothing "Steinbolt".

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
alexd said:
Get a bunch of Botox shots in the face at the new place on Queen West and you will never appear sad

any kind of shot in the face you can get on queen street is at least worth a try. :O

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
djfear said:
The worst part is that I can't really discuss it with any of my friends or family because of complications. I suppose for now I can relax with Squarepusher's soothing "Steinbolt".
Are you sure you have no one to talk with that knows you well? I'm sure someone can be understanding enough to support you despite it being a tricky situation. Cheesy as it is some sort of break-up self-help book might help.
Just remember that the pain will go away even if it doesn't feel like it right now. It's like being really really drunk/hungover and you feel like you'll never feel good again and you pray to gawd you'll never drink again if the pain stops but then it stops and you feel better and forget the pain and get drunk again.

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
djfear said:

I know the feeling. Listening to Squarepusher isn't the answer though! Well maybe.. some Aphex Twin On (uziq remix) or the four tet remix of Untitled. Chet Baker is good on the melancholy tip too.. as is Chopin. I can't imagine any of us are going to say anything to make you feel better because even if most of us have gone through it, people need to figure out their own sense of relief. It's hard, because time goes by & you think it's ok & then waves of emotion wash over you & it's so painful because it's all there again & the battle begins anew. At least each time it's a little less, or you hope it will be. My best friend is going through a 4 + year relationship break up & it's so difficult for her because even though everything is convoluted she loves him so much. But at least she can talk to her friends about it, I know what's its like not being able to confide in others or about certain things because heck life is messy. I'm surprised you'd be posting on a public board though but hey I don't know the situ. If I was to suggest anything is sleeping with others, detaching your body from the emotions you felt for her, giving up your energy towards other people dilutes it you know? That way the focus isn't all her. But that only works for some people. If anything, just cry, let yourself cry, write a lot, write about itm your feelings, it might be hard to realize at first for me anyways writing something makes it all the more tangiable and sometimes we want to be in denial of experiences that are occuring.

djfear

TRIBE Member
djglobalkiller said:
distance and time heal, create boundaries with the ex, make sure you dont put yourself in situations where its easy to hang out, things get blurred that way, at least at first. Try to take up a new hobby, or exercise to focus. Definately dont go to places, or do things that constantly remind you of them, as it will only leave you with an emptiness feeling.

On a lighter note, try and shag thier best friend :p or go and try and find a piece of ass for the nice, get it out of your system

all else fails, walks in the park are usually good to clear the mind,

Haha, nah I'm not vengeful (i.e. trying to sleep with her best friend). I've had no motivation to exercise though, which is strange. :confused:

MoFo

TRIBE Member
COME OVER. Get drunk with me. I will make you steak and eggs.
And come hang out with me and kmac.

And we will massage your balls.

Do you like spinach salad?

The best way to get over something is to realize that you got better shit to do than to fucking think about that bitch who FUCKED YOU OVER. Take the high road and get high with us.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
it takes about a full year to truly get over a long term or especially deep relationship, sometimes two. i'm not trying to make you feel worse,
but at least you now know that's a generally accepted timeframe and it's common.

the good news? you really will look back at this thread one day and chuckle while shaking your head.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Who's laughing?

Seriously, the best way is to just tell them to FUCK THE SHIT OFF, YOU COCKSUCKING CUNT.

If she didn't want you, then she's a fucking piece of shit.

BELIGERENCE is the best medicine. Mmmmmmmm.. medicine.

Fong's Friend's Hospice has a special recovery program for individuals who are suffering from low self-esteem.

djfear, no fear! We will take care of you.

djfear

TRIBE Member
rubytuesday said:
Are you sure you have no one to talk with that knows you well? I'm sure someone can be understanding enough to support you despite it being a tricky situation. Cheesy as it is some sort of break-up self-help book might help.
Just remember that the pain will go away even if it doesn't feel like it right now. It's like being really really drunk/hungover and you feel like you'll never feel good again and you pray to gawd you'll never drink again if the pain stops but then it stops and you feel better and forget the pain and get drunk again.

I can talk about it with my cousin, but most of my friends will just ask for details that I'm unwilling to give out.

I think I need an impulse vacation....like Vancouver. Can't seem to find cheap tickets though. :/ (May 18 - May 23)

jebac

TRIBE Member
...ball massage?

buddy, go to fucking THAILAND. nothing will make u forget about your girl faster than cheap thai prostitues, lots of fighting and boozing and beaches

-jebac