• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What the hell are you listening to?

praktik

TRIBE Member
I didn't rip these flacs myself. I should rip one and compare. Signal path is the same.
Actually maybe to test this even better would be to play the CD from a computer optical drive into your sound system vs a freshly ripped flac played in the same audio software to your sound system (play the CD in foobar/play the FLAC in foobar)

This would remove the potential superior nature of the DAC inside a consumer CD audio deck (if you are playing in one of those) and make the signal path even more aligned for your test.

Bonus points: get a friend to blind you and not tell you which one he is playing
Bonus Bonus Points: get more friends to do it and blind THEM so it's not even just you doing the judging

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
G Funk

Listen to 1800 triiip - Abby Imperial - Mix 033 by Planet Trip Records on #SoundCloud

praktik

TRIBE Member
This was such a fun listen y-day while working - totally put me in the right mood. Never heard of this label/these artists - but the code to download the album and add to my bandcamp basically slipped out of another vinyl record I bought (so must be affiliated somehow with label/artist I know)

praktik

TRIBE Member
Your mileage may vary from "sacrilege" to "omgz!"

for me this is just a soothing meditation on the original - needed a mood lifter today

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
Finally digging in to my new release playlist and the frank 10 year digital 3-track compilations released in recent weeks - opener on pt1 is lovely:

praktik

TRIBE Member
Wow - this Max Lessig kid just approached the label runner out of the blue. Everything he's put out on Frank has been gold. Albeit - that's 4 tracks, but 4 wonderful, emotionally mature and soulful tracks. His latest to close on part 2 of the 10 year compilation is great:

praktik

TRIBE Member
ahhh fuck me. Fantastic Man proves why hes in my Top 3 fave discoveries of the last few years and right at the heart of all the awesome shit coming out of Australia: