• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What the hell are you listening to?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I've been working my way through the entire Sam Harris Making Sense podcast catalog. Some of it I really like - the stuff about alternate realities, consciousness (or not!), and some of the larger discussions with various guests on politics. But I hate it when he gets bogged down in discussions to prove points about various religions. Overall though I am learning a lot about stuff I normally wouldn't seek data about.

Been off music for most of the pandemic, been listening to audiobooks and podcasts, I guess because the sound of the human voice kept me company here.

praktik

TRIBE Member
I've been working my way through the entire Sam Harris Making Sense podcast catalog. Some of it I really like - the stuff about alternate realities, consciousness (or not!), and some of the larger discussions with various guests on politics. But I hate it when he gets bogged down in discussions to prove points about various religions. Overall though I am learning a lot about stuff I normally wouldn't seek data about.

Been off music for most of the pandemic, been listening to audiobooks and podcasts, I guess because the sound of the human voice kept me company here.

Massimo P has i think, the best written critique of Harris, who is a bit of a dilettante.

Since this is the "listening" thread you can catch Massimo in old Rationally Speaking podcasts here:

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

Massimo P has i think, the best written critique of Harris, who is a bit of a dilettante.

Since this is the "listening" thread you can catch Massimo in old Rationally Speaking podcasts here:
Will give that guy a listen also!

praktik

TRIBE Member
Will give that guy a listen also!
Julia Galef was his partner on the podcast, she kept it up without him for some number of years so he was only on the first 3-5 years of the show:

and to keep up with the theme of the thread, she is interviewed recently here: ‎The Weeds: Think like a scout on Apple Podcasts

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
R-9790693-1486371049-1342.jpeg.jpg

praktik

TRIBE Member
Canada's own Priori, out of MTL and on fire last few years, with his latest, digital preorders were fulfilled today on Bandcamp and it's up for retail:

Vinyl on hold will arrive eventually

praktik

TRIBE Member
@
Eastside Edits 001, baby!!!

Been looking forward to this drop for ages. Who starts a record label in the middle of a pandemic? East of Brimley and Baller, that’s who. Lol!!!!!

Absolute FIRE. Still waiting on my pre-ordered donut but I can’t get enough of these jams. Can’t wait to hear them on a proper system.

Support your local record label and record store!!!!!! Play De has it. :)

arrived today!

210534297_138740948344705_2274436845176217155_n.png

Also new digital on their bandcamp

praktik

TRIBE Member
Posted the two preorder tracks earlier in the thread but the full release of this album today revealed this gem of a remix of a Serge Gainsbourg original - NO COMMENT

Affirmatif!

praktik

TRIBE Member
Another exciting revelation today on another one whose preorder tracks I posted earlier and whose full release came today (woe to advance planning anticipating a Bandcamp Friday That Wasn't this month!)

- this Mammarella remix was worth the wait holy shit:

praktik

TRIBE Member
Still making my way through this Rare Wiri compilation of Rayko reworks:

So. Much. Music. trying to flag the ones I like the most for future reference - this is one of em!