• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

What the hell are you listening to?

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
I've been digging a lot too lately.

My big find was this phonique which I moved from the archive into my go to crate:

Crostown rebels 007, single digit release # yo
That’s a killer slice bud. Funny how some wax - over the years - gets banked for the right time! :)

praktik

TRIBE Member
That’s a killer slice bud. Funny how some wax - over the years - gets banked for the right time! :)
Oh and far be it from me to toot my own horn but another 2004 record I "rediscovered" from my own collection made it into my latest mix:

Praktik Swayze - The Wayz of the Swayz [LOCALSOURCE 001]

09 Marc Romboy vs Booka Shade - Every Day in My Life (Martin Landsky remix) [Systematic 001]

A few others in there from 2004-2011 era are gems from the archive that got "promoted" lol

Last edited:

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Corey is a class act. All growds-up. Raised a beautiful family. His new stuff I’ve listened to is pretty damn cheddar. ...but this made me sit the fuck up.

Kim Richardson is a FORCE. ...and Jonathan Roy is not Jason Priestly. Lol.

Pretty great cover.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Oh and far be it from me to toot my own horn but another 2004 record I "rediscovered" from my own collection made it into my latest mix:

Praktik Swayze - The Wayz of the Swayz [LOCALSOURCE 001]

09 Marc Romboy vs Booka Shade - Every Day in My Life (Martin Landsky remix) [Systematic 001]

A few others in there from 2004-2011 era are gems from the archive that got "promoted" lol
Toot away brother. That’ll hit the headphones for sure. All I do all day is listen and create things. The music is what makes it happen. :)

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
My thoughts exactly: wait, this sounds fresh and hot like a new release...
Namely cause "the sound" has cycled back there!
Partly. The cycle is definitely a part of it. ...but it’s also just plain timing. I listen to everything from the earliest Smithsonian field recordings to the latest recommendations from friends who’re 45 collectors. I cringe when someone has the radio on at a jobsite that I’m not running. Lol! ...but when I drop the stuff that’s deep from the crates on a site, most folks dial right in. Regardless of their background. You don’t HAVE to listen to shit music and commercials. You really don’t. :)

praktik

TRIBE Member
Partly. The cycle is definitely a part of it. ...but it’s also just plain timing. I listen to everything from the earliest Smithsonian field recordings to the latest recommendations from friends who’re 45 collectors. I cringe when someone has the radio on at a jobsite that I’m not running. Lol! ...but when I drop the stuff that’s deep from the crates on a site, most folks dial right in. Regardless of their background. You don’t HAVE to listen to shit music and commercials. You really don’t. :)
You're right sometimes hot fire is just plain hot fire - and always shall be hot fire!

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Really wanted this show tonight. Shame about the reschedule. Pretty much just bucket-list but they’ve been doing it proper. ...and what can be said about “Rumours” that hasn’t already been heard, dear sweet baby Jesus.

Also stoked to see Neil Finn play the role of Lindsay.n

October, I guess.