• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What the hell are you listening to?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
The-Red-Light-District.jpg

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
The+xx.jpg

The XX: these youngins' from London might have made the record of the year. A lot of critics want to point out the RnB influence, but I hear the hollow spaces of early trip hop in the arrangements punctuated by clean guitars, bass and keys. This is an anti-noise record with just the smallest amounts of reverb and chorus on the strings and conversational vocals giving way to beautiful restrained harmonies.

The vocal stylings may be a tad pedestrian but the singular sound of the record situates it far outside the current sonic milieu. This is one for the new music hounds as well as the old dogs looking to revisit the future sound of London.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
ill.Gates - Live in Edmonton Mix for Jungo Road Aug 2009

TARANTULA

dood this mix is freaking SIIICK !

KILL EVERY SET YOU PLAY !!!

* fist pump *

much <3

[jai]

Nesta

TRIBE Member
The+xx.jpg

The XX: these youngins' from London might have made the record of the year. A lot of critics want to point out the RnB influence, but I hear the hollow spaces of early trip hop in the arrangements punctuated by clean guitars, bass and keys. This is an anti-noise record with just the smallest amounts of reverb and chorus on the strings and conversational vocals giving way to beautiful restrained harmonies.

The vocal stylings may be a tad pedestrian but the singular sound of the record situates it far outside the current sonic milieu. This is one for the new music hounds as well as the old dogs looking to revisit the future sound of London.

brilliant album!

derek

TRIBE Member
that's what's bumpin' in the car on my commute.

i'm still trying to figure out what track 10 is. i think is a sven vath track, but that's just a guess. could be because i've heard vath play it. i'm fairly certain it's older say 2002-3.

i've asked a few people, including you, and everyone's drawing a blank.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
The+xx.jpg

xx plays the Phoenix December 2nd, with Friendly Fires.