• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What the hell are you listening to?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Baters

TRIBE Member
pos-never-better-cd-cover-album-art.jpg

evil homer

TRIBE Member
hey there lady.

here's my 60 minute fix of the week.
On the notion of Chinooks:

Liars - Plaster Casts of Everything
Dinosaur Jr - Budge
Treble Charger - Sick Friend Called
No Age - Sleeper Hold
Diet Cola - Sick Modern
Amon Tobin - Nightlife
Black Dice - Glazin
BoB Marley - Hammer
Prefuse 73 - Fountains of Spring
Roots Manuva- Big Tings a Gwan
Leo Graham - Stay Red
Barrington Levy - Here I Come
Emiliana Torrini - Nothing Brings Me Down
Jefferson Airplane - Coming Back to Me
Beach Boys - Child is the Father of the Man
Grateful Dead - Supplication
Flaming Lips - It's Summertime

the only really odd transition is barrington levy to emiliana torrini - but the last sustained note of here I come is this weird hollow synthy drum and the first note of nothing brings me down is this soft hollow thumbed guitar string and the overlap is not particularly disconcerting.

The Liars tune is repulsively catchy.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Miike Snow - "Burial" = rmxes

this guys songs are INCREDIBLE! and mark my words, he'll be on a few top ten lists by years end
along with CFCF

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
and mark my words, he'll be on a few top ten lists by years end
along with CFCF
CFCF might be on a few blog lists and has an outside chance of being on a CBC Radio 3 list but outside of that? Doubtful.

Mr. Silver has done some great work over the last year and is still an unappreciated talent locally in Montreal.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
CFCF might be on a few blog lists and has an outside chance of being on a CBC Radio 3 list but outside of that? Doubtful.

Mr. Silver has done some great work over the last year and is still an unappreciated talent locally in Montreal.

he's actually been receiving some decent buzz and props from both the Mtl Mirror and The Gazette

He'll be fine

evil homer

TRIBE Member
veckatimest.jpg

self explanatory. well anticipated leak. after the once through, i will definitely buy this lp and go to their concert and try to get a dozen ppl to do same. y'all oughta do same.

142684deerhoofcoverart_11.jpg

deerhoof - offend maggie
my favourite album of theirs yet. it's no less noisy and abrasive, but it seems so much more fun and catchy. I would love to see these guys in concert.

spinsah, re: bruce peninsula.
i've missed their past two shows here for various reasons, but I have every reason to believe that they'd be fantastic. It's just such a rollicking soulful thigh slapping foot stomping visceral sound - i wanna see their wall of sound.