• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What the hell are you listening to?

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
nice one evil homer...had on bitches brew during the weekend's more quiet moments at my house...if it could talk it would thank me:D

np: boymerang-balance of the force...one of the strongest artist albums from dnb's past and it hasn't aged as badly as some...some of these tracks could easily disguise themselves in an all inperspective mix

o00o

TRIBE Member
"You pump me beautifully, Brenda"
by Fake Band

Along with the screams from next door, upstairs and downstairs begging me to off myself.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
mitsuko souma said:
I love that the HEART track is on TV like 10 times a day now. I get so immersed in my airguitar I still haven't figured out what the ad is for.
washing machines??
yeah a sears commercial haha. they're totally banking that the people who were rocking jean jackets in '85 while rocking out to Heart now live in a 3bdrm in oakville and need to buy a new washer/dryer set

evil homer

TRIBE Member

a bit shockingly, this has one of the best versions of 'the creator has a master plan' i've ever heard - and I've been listening to a lot of pharaoh sanders lately. The friends are pretty high level: miles davis, chico hamilton, kenny burrell, ornette coleman, thad jones...surprisingly great, apparently one of the last ever satchmo recordings and he still had it.

also spent the morning with

Last edited:

vox

TRIBE Member
evil homer said:
Coltrane & Alice Coltrane - Inchworm
was inchworm just the name of a song? or an album?

i know the song, and it's probably my favorite coltrane tune. it's so cute! i always hope they play it at the annual coltrane tribute at the rex, but for the past 4 years, nada.

evil homer

TRIBE Member
inchworm is just the song - and what a song - i'd never heard it before and it warranted some repeated listenings
it's on a double live album i picked up at she said boom - live in japan apparently - can't find it on amg though.

two albums called Expansions

track six on the first one is the source of an adam f or roni size tune. not colours but something similar.

evil homer

TRIBE Member
you know the source
(though that little record shop on ossington n of queen has this on vinyl for $10)

np - the greatest thing pieter k ever hipped me to

evil homer

TRIBE Member
when indeed
and when's that lp coming?!?! the singles are just not enough.

grooving on

and a bunch of phish covers of the talking heads (including remain in light in its entirety -- 10.31.96 set 2. the cross eyed and painless from 2.16.97 is even better though.)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

evil homer

TRIBE Member
aether said:
how is it?
It is the proper follow up to goodbye swingtime, a bit more orchestral, a bit more vocal, a bit glitchier, but at the end of the day these are songs.
After two non headphone listens, It's beautiful and I will play it a lot for the next while.

np:

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders