• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What Makes You A Nerd?

Mrs. Brick

TRIBE Member
d.code said:
- Im obsessed with CG stuff
- Im a fan boy for a number of different video game franchises
- I drool over robots
- I like to smoke weed and do dorky things like play games or draw or go take photos
- I will sometimes avoid sex because im too busy in my game
- I dj and collect vynil
- I collect movies
- I think zombies are cool
- I am a nerd about my girlfriend and obsessed with her
he forgot to mention the following

-HE FUCKING LARPED
-he wore those big gold rim glasses most of his life
-he has broken his front tooth a record 14 times, the last time by biting off the tip of his joint
-he still remembers every dnd character
-he religously reads 'concerned' (a really bad half life 2 web comic)
-he gets snippy if you make him go outside (hes getting better)
-he needs to wear 65 proof sunscreen when at the cottage
-he makes robot models and paints them
-his best friend and him ONLY hang out on game servers (instead of hanging out) its been like this for 6 years. this guy is our best man, and ive only seen him twice!! (but we do msn a lot)
-he has never done ecstacy
-hes probably done over 200 hits of acid
-he made himself sound cooler in his list
-he is trying to make me not type this and go to bed
-no matter what he does he will never weigh more than 145 pounds
-he throws like a girl
-he is a hopeless romantic <3

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
zorak said:
hahah i will never understand why people think that watching discovery channel is somehow more "intellectual" or "nourishing for the brain" than watching any other channel on tv. ooooh a show about how plasma tvs are made!!
Well, gee whiz bang! Let's see here...A show about how ANYTHING works is way more nourishing than SURVIVOR, a totally artificial and scripted farce that manipulates the human instinct for veuyerism. That's a start, cupcake! Mainly because it isn't anything FAKE or dramatic is why it's better. But again, only marginally.

Notice how TLC isn't up there...because TLC is garbage.

FOOD NETWORK IS THE FUCKING SHIT THOUGH!

d.code

TRIBE Member
Mrs. Brick said:
he forgot to mention the following
d.code said:
Originally Posted by d.code
- Im obsessed with CG stuff
- Im a fan boy for a number of different video game franchises
- I drool over robots
- I like to smoke weed and do dorky things like play games or draw or go take photos
- I will sometimes avoid sex because im too busy in my game
- I dj and collect vynil
- I collect movies
- I think zombies are cool
- I am a nerd about my girlfriend and obsessed with her
-HE FUCKING LARPED
-he wore those big gold rim glasses most of his life
-he has broken his front tooth a record 14 times, the last time by biting off the tip of his joint
-he still remembers every dnd character
-he religously reads 'concerned' (a really bad half life 2 web comic)
-he gets snippy if you make him go outside (hes getting better)
-he needs to wear 65 proof sunscreen when at the cottage
-he makes robot models and paints them
-his best friend and him ONLY hang out on game servers (instead of hanging out) its been like this for 6 years. this guy is our best man, and ive only seen him twice!! (but we do msn a lot)
-he has never done ecstacy
-hes probably done over 200 hits of acid
-he made himself sound cooler in his list
-he is trying to make me not type this and go to bed
-no matter what he does he will never weigh more than 145 pounds
-he throws like a girl
-he is a hopeless romantic <3

BUT what about all the COOL things d.code did.

like the one that you just forgot:
-he beats his girlfriend every night.

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
lol @ many of the posts in this thread as more than a few hit close to home. i was the biggest geek/nerd growing up. (hmm. still am?)

* gifted program.
* science fair finalist every year in grade school. meh in sports up until about grade 8/9
* chess club, played lead in the 'french prince' in french in grade school (i'm soo proud though i can't speak french now worth a shit. should've enrolled in immersion?), W5H (school trivia team) captain.
* i was a 'runt' until puberty hit later. then as athletic ability, popularity, etc. increased i rebelled and became the jock for awhile and school/academics took a back seat. a vinyl enthusiast, bedroom dj (i leave it up to the pros now. hehe), music nut, i have a wierd library fetish (don't ask), an aeronautical buff, science nut, appreciator of arts, astronomy etc... and now i'm posting details of it all up here on tribe messageboard as further proof of my nerdiness/geekdom. lol

d

Last edited:

zorak

TRIBE Member
SellyCat said:
Well, gee whiz bang! Let's see here...A show about how ANYTHING works is way more nourishing than SURVIVOR, a totally artificial and scripted farce that manipulates the human instinct for veuyerism. That's a start, cupcake! Mainly because it isn't anything FAKE or dramatic is why it's better. But again, only marginally.

Notice how TLC isn't up there...because TLC is garbage.

oh i see, so watching a 30 minute segment about how something works is educational? how much of that information do you retain?
don't kid yourself chachi, the number one reason for watching television is entertainment. all those discovery channel shows are designed to entertain you. any "learning" is incidental.
i have nothing against those channels, but i don't think you should pat yourself on the back too enthusiastically for watching discovery channel over survivor.

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
zorak said:
oh i see, so watching a 30 minute segment about how something works is educational? how much of that information do you retain?
don't kid yourself chachi, the number one reason for watching television is entertainment. all those discovery channel shows are designed to entertain you. any "learning" is incidental.
i have nothing against those channels, but i don't think you should pat yourself on the back too enthusiastically for watching discovery channel over survivor.
Congratulations! :D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
zorak said:
Ummm. I do prefer discovery because I do like to learn new things...and I actually retain alot.. Guess it just depends on your preferences...

zoo

TRIBE Member
tonight on television i learned that ron mclean is a petty unimaginative rabble-rouser, and that he's the piece-wise discontinuous mess to don's higher order continuous beauty ..

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
NemIsis said:
Ummm. I do prefer discovery because I do like to learn new things...and I actually retain alot.. Guess it just depends on your preferences...
What zorak is trying to say is that HE doesn't retain any of the informative stuff he does--or probably does not--watch on discovery. And also that he doesn't know how to make it useful. Everything is useful.

zorak

TRIBE Member
^^ :)

SellyCat said:
What zorak is trying to say is that HE doesn't retain any of the informative stuff he does--or probably does not--watch on discovery. And also that he doesn't know how to make it useful. Everything is useful.
you're right. i am way too fucking stupid for the discovery channel :(

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I'm sorry but collecting vinyl is not nerdy.

I wanna see real nerd stuff.

I wore knitted vests that my mother made for me when I was kid till I was 11. Even in the summer.

I had a bowl cut for a good portion of my life.

I was always the teacher's pet so I got to skip a lot of shit, wander around my school and I was always the one to wipe the board, staple up the outside bulletin board and take the attendance down.

I like astronomy and read children's dinosaur books (even now).

I also get chronic nosebleeds.

I played the French Horn in band for 11 years. And loved every minute of it. Band jokes were the best. I never laughed so hard.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
zorak said:
^^ :)

you're right. i am way too fucking stupid for the discovery channel :(
Bud, your cryptic references as to your intelligence are inane..

Even Einstein had his moments.. The guy had seven outfits, all the same.. same shirt, pants, shoes, underwear..

He also married his cousin..:O

If you have a point, make it. What we're trying to say is that discovery channel offers more than the regular schlock one sees on tv...

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
Mrs. Brick said:
-d.code beats his women like a girl
If I had been drinking some sort of beverage at the exact moment in time I read this, I most probably would have spit it out in laughter. I'm not saying it would have happened 100%, but the percentage would have been pretty high up there.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
On the more lookameee nerd side:
I do a radio show on FM
I play instruments
I was in a gifted program

On the more traditional socially-alienated nerd side:
I have a vast comic book/card collection
I played dnd/magic/roleplaying games
I worked 99% of my teenage weekend nights
I was on a paintball team
I love audio stuff
I love taking things apart
I own a soldering gun
I have more cabinets in my place dedicated to wires and tools than to clothes
I have more lectures and spoken word on my mp3 player than I do music
I dressed up in tights 2 Halloweens in a row
I used to play 'guns' until I was 20
I spent 90% of my high school lunch hours in 'the tech room'
I attended the Star Trek TNG series finale episode at the Skydome
I’ve been to 'more than a few' conventions for one or more of the above activities
I have a photo with Irvine Welsh
I vote
I built a fort in the local forest while in high school
I like photography
I think TV is too plebeian *ducks*
I think politics matter *ducks*
I record talk-radio shows
I don't think it's a big deal going to a movie by myself

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
SellyCat said:
Yeah, I'm with you there. Food Network is, more often than not, the first channel I switch to on TV. And my favourite show on there is Food Jammers, which is the nerdiest nerd show that ever nerded.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders