• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What "LEGAL" stack are you using?

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Hey gang! I did a quick search and I wasn't able to find another thread just about this, so I'm sorry if I missed and created a dup.

I've tried many over the years and I'm finding out now (because this is the most dedicated I've ever been) that really just a solid (like solid solid) diet is the way to go.

Has anyone had any positive results (validated) from :

- ZMA
- Trib
- DAA

I'm just finishing my last stack and I don't think I'm going to do them anymore.

1 x Muscle Pharm ASSAULT (32 Servings), 736g
1x Perfect Whey (2.27kg), (5 lb)

:O

LikeASweet

TRIBE Member
I used to spend all kinds of money on supplements, trying this and that...I ended up with the same deduction as you. The money is better spent on food and following a clean balanced diet.

However I do supplement with protein, fish oils, BCAA's...i take other things such as hemp seed and chia seeds but I dont think those are considered supplements.

From your list I have cycled Trib and ZMA in the past. ALso things like CLA, all types of creatine, multivitamins, HMB...It is very difficult to say definitively that these things had a dramatic effect as I have always had a solid diet alongside them if I was either looking to gain or loose weight.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
I think you are right... it's just a waste of money. I should have been more clear on what I use too.

What I buy regularly for my diet :

Foods:
Chia seeds - for salad
Avacado - for salad (arthritis treatment)
Salmon/oil - all foods (arthritis treatment)

Supplements:
Creatine
L-Glut
Whey

I was going to order some BCAA's but I decided not to because I couldn't find any good evidence. How is that one working for you?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ya its a bit high-level so it lumps your usage model in with everyone else who takes supplements, but I see your demographic in a few of the tables they have there as a line-item..;)

What's interesting to me is the way a healthy population is already predisposed to take supplements, so to what extent is science purporting to show a benefit an artefact of the extent to which supplement takers are already correlated with better exercise/diet regimens? I think this has been a likely factor in a lot of the claims to benefits!

And those passages reminded me of LikeASweet's comment on the difficulty in parsing their effect on their health so I thought I would post!

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks! This is me!

This suggests that over 75% of supplement decisions are being made without (or despite) the recommendation of a health professional.

mrfinesse

TRIBE Member
I tried DAA about 10 months ago since it was cheap at 10$. 30 day cycle.

In my case, I'd say it was helpful in one aspect for me. First time bulking and had difficulty eating more food. That stuff made me hungry all the time and made it easier to consistently eat.

Other than that
-increased energy in the morning when I took first dose.
-was horny as shit for the first 2 weeks.
-mood swings, and I'd get irritated at the littlest things.

Haven't considered doing it since and won't in the future. No difference in weightlifting performance, just had regular steady progression. physique just got fatter.

mrfinesse

TRIBE Member
Just like y'all I've learnt many of supps are bogus and it's better spent on food.

Supplements I take now.
-whey
-creatine
-fish oil
-caffeine (pre-workout)

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Interesting Finesse. So it made you hungry... I guess that was alright.

I'm going to put a link to one of the supplements I take. I'm probably going to stop even before done because when I take it, I can't eat at all. I don't drink coffee or pop. I wonder if caffeine or this supplement would make that happen??? It's crazy... when I get home from the gym, I feel like i'm sketched... hands are sweaty, can't sit still and I can't eat. Can't even look at food! Then about 2 hours later... I'm back.

Muscle Pharm

Hmmmmmm...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

LikeASweet

TRIBE Member
I think you are right... it's just a waste of money. I should have been more clear on what I use too.

What I buy regularly for my diet :

Foods:
Chia seeds - for salad
Avacado - for salad (arthritis treatment)
Salmon/oil - all foods (arthritis treatment)

Supplements:
Creatine
L-Glut
Whey

I was going to order some BCAA's but I decided not to because I couldn't find any good evidence. How is that one working for you?
I think they do serve a benefit for sure. Im under the impression that amino acids are the building blocks of muscle tissue and protein. I take 2-5 grams during and right after I workout to prevent muscled breakdown and for recovery. If you take them anytime else I believe they will just be stored as fat or used as energy. So the key is to take them when the body needs them most.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
I think I'm going to try the BCAA's, Whey, pre-workout (caffeine free) and stick to a well balanced diet. For the $$$ we spend, we can buy a lot of great food.

:)

lucky1

TRIBE Member
My health situation is a bit different, but I lost most of my muscle mass from chemotherapy. I was working out consistently for over a year and nothing was really happening, other then dropping a few pounds. I stated doing a few strength classes consistently at my gym, and started taking CLA. After the first month (cylce) I noticed a lot of results. My arms and shoulders espcially. I don't usually take supplements but this one worked for me :) (I was already eating clean, and working out consistently)

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
My health situation is a bit different, but I lost most of my muscle mass from chemotherapy. I was working out consistently for over a year and nothing was really happening, other then dropping a few pounds. I stated doing a few strength classes consistently at my gym, and started taking CLA. After the first month (cylce) I noticed a lot of results. My arms and shoulders espcially. I don't usually take supplements but this one worked for me :) (I was already eating clean, and working out consistently)
That's a great story! I thought CLA was for fat burning. So you are done and not using anything else right now?

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
I wish I could help out more. This is my first cycle and ironically I am having great results. The only problem is identifying the reason or reasons. I am definitely more dedicated than ever and my diet is better than ever... so I could just be wasting $$$ and giving bad advice.

Aaron

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
lol... Trib. Such a waste of money.

I know lots of people who've seen great success from DAA, but haven't tried it myself.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
That's a great story! I thought CLA was for fat burning. So you are done and not using anything else right now?
It's supposed to be, but the studies that back it are questionable at best.

it won't do anything for building muscle mass -lucky1 is experiencing that because he's strength training and eating.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
heh, I'm a she. Yes the CLA could do nothing and I've just been sticking to my routine long enough that it's finally working! Consistency is the best bet when it comes to making changes.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
I'm actually going to give the BCAA complex a try. Not sure which one, but I will. If it works, going to stick to this stack

balanced high protein diet (still learning) (+ Avacado, Pataya, Chia, Fish, greens, beans and oats)
Whey protein
Omegas
BCAA

One thing that I'm also noticing now that I'm going 7 days a week (2 yoga, 2 cardio, 3 weight training) is that I'm my lightest I've been. I'm ~ 185ish

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
lucky1 said:
heh, I'm a she. Yes the CLA could do nothing and I've just been sticking to my routine long enough that it's finally working! Consistency is the best bet when it comes to making changes.
my bad!

I'm actually going to give the BCAA complex a try. Not sure which one, but I will. If it works, going to stick to this stack

balanced high protein diet (still learning) (+ Avacado, Pataya, Chia, Fish, greens, beans and oats)
Whey protein
Omegas
BCAA

One thing that I'm also noticing now that I'm going 7 days a week (2 yoga, 2 cardio, 3 weight training) is that I'm my lightest I've been. I'm ~ 185ish
Sounds good! I wouldn't really call that a "stack" though. A stack is defined as multiple supplements taken at the same time. Supplements that compliment each other and increase each others efficiency, (i.e ECA, Ephedrine, caffeine, Aspirin)

What are you taking for omega's? If you're only consuming vegetable omega-3, then you're going to want to consume A LOT of it. (30g+ a day). The reason for this is that your body doesn't use ALA, and converts it to DHA and EPA. There is a lot lost in this process and less then 30% of the original omega is distributed after metabolization. Fish/Krill/Baby Seal oil is a much better choice.

BCAA are expensive, but a fantastic addition. By increasing your BCAAs , you can greatly reduce the amount of protein (as food) that you require. A few bits of advice on BCAAs..

-they taste like a bucket of ripe assholes. I find the Nestea sugar-free drink crystal packets, or Mio to be a fantastic way to cover up the horridness of them..

-The optimal time to take them is on a farely empty stomach, either right after you work out, or sipped in the morning before you eat breakfast. But in general, the best benefits occur within the 24 hour period after working out.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Yeah I guess you're right because none of those do that (compliment) like other legal or non-legal stacks.

Well I just did my first order for BCAA's... we'll see how it goes.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories