• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

what kind of music does everyone produce?

Kid Epic

TRIBE Member
i'm on the melodic trancey side of things although i've really been getting into breakbeaty sounds as of late...

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Jay stop selling yourself so short..

I always look to push myself in new directions, but so far I've had the most experience with DnB, have worked on trance, progressive & techno as well.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
I'm starting to learn how to produce....but I'd like to finish a Breaks track eventually.

But I've just learnt how to write a drumline....so I'm in my "infant" stage.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SneakyPete
What program would I need if I just want to play around for a bit?

Pete
I started using Fruity Loops and Acid.

They're both easy to learn and do what they were made for.

Now I'm getting started on Cubase SX.......and it's scary man......

Well at least I'm scared.

cdp

TRIBE Member
Mostly rock, and sometimes some electronica and hip hop. Here in Toronto, some rock and some R&B...

charles

cdp

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy

Hey, aren't you the guy from Brazil? How's it going?
Everything's going very well, thank you! :)

And it's great to see a producer's forum here. I always feel kinda out of place in the general forum... :confused:

charles

beaker

TRIBE Member
i also make crap. i'm dabbling with breaks but i have no ideas beyond the drum programming and a bit of sampling. i think i need to try the weed-smoking technique.

i'm not necessarily bent on making stuff that goes with what i spin. i play piano and guitar so i want to buy a decent mic and a pre-amp and make random electronic stuff with recorded elements. but it'll be awhile until i can afford it. especially seeing as i want to upgrade my turntable setup to three decks first.

gazgiz

TRIBE Member
i just mess around when the mood hits. some questionable stuff, techno, house, and some trance. nothing ever seems finished or good enough though.

nice forum btw.

Kid Epic

TRIBE Member
Deus writes some pretty amazing material...defintitely reccommend everyone to peep his tracks!

Last edited by a moderator:

nusty

TRIBE Member
I'm all for hard uplifting trance with epic style synth lines.

All my stuff is done off of live pa gear. I've used a few different software programs in the past but just really like the feel of machines far better.

I'll post my site later once I get some of my newer stuff up on it.

Dave

ps its good to see using the hardcore room as gateway to getting our own forum worked out so well. :D
Thanks Otis.;)