• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

what is with people

kyfe

TRIBE Member
So today I am driving to work doing a reasonable speed and making good time. Suddenly this minivan cuts me off and does not use his turn signal, rather than do anything about it I go around him using the inside lane. the minivan is now behind me and I have to turn right and continue my way to the office.

About halfway into my drive i realize he is following me, so I make sure at every light I come to complete stop, look both ways and then cautiously proceed hoping eventually he stops with his game. This guy followed me the whole way to work and ran 2 reds while in the process. I get out of my car and pack it up and the guys got me blocked in, he proceeds to tell me he called the cops and told them i ran a bunch of reds was excessively speeding and not obeying the rules of the road.

Then he asks me if my mom knows I have the car? I start laughing and and remind him he is driving a ford windstar so he really shouldn't brag. I then offer him the opportunity to rethink what he is doing as I am now at work and he followed me, meaning he would have run the red lights and disobeyed the rules of the road.

The guy decides to stick around and I politely tell him to leave, I write down his plate number and let him know if this proceeds any further I will persue further action which he likely won't appreciate the outcome of and then I walk with a swagger into the office.

now the part I don't get is this man is old, I mean 60's. For all he knew I could have jumped out of my car and smacked him around for a bit, this didn't seem to be too much of a concern for him. So what gives people these huge balls once they get behind the wheel? do they really think that hunk of metal is gonna save them from a severe ass kicking?

Last edited:

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
:|

That is ridiculous. I can't stand people who don't use indicators. Dude - Am I suppose to guess where you are going? pfffft.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:
So what give people these huge balls once they get behind the wheel? do they really think that hunk of metal is gonna save them from a severe ass kicking?
In a word, I’d have to say yes. I've been accosted so many times while on my bike by drivers who feel unduly entitled to the road. Admittedly, I sometimes egg them on but they never seem leave the vicinity of their car. You can extend the same idea to the internet, even more so as the anonymity of an IP address and having an electronic abyss of protection allows directly for the emergence of trolls, flamers, and other vermin.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Soulster

TRIBE Member
i remember hearing something in the news just a few days ago about some psychologists deciding that road rage can actually be caused by some mental imbalance in some people... has people up in arms because it means people can get out of dangerous/agressive driving in court cases by blaming it on their brain imbalance.

or something.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
see what you do is, you keep a pile of pennies down on the floor by the seat. flung back out your window
sounds even better than a key along Windstar sheetmetal..

haven't had to do it in a while...highway is best!

Caz

TRIBE Member
Had a similar situation on the way up north on Sunday. Some rage-aholic with tattoos and missing teeth in a pickup starts tailgating, honking, yelling, etc.

We stopped the car and kicked the shit out of him on the spot*.

* "kicking the shit out of" might also refer to driving faster and ignoring said rage-aholic

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
so you cut him off after he cut you off? (if not, what was it exactly that pissed him off?)

and if you thought the guy was following you, why did that make you drive so cautiously? did you think he would make a citizen's arrest or something? :p

Next time, drive to a police station - why would you lead him right to work? Now he can now go whenever he wants to find your car and demo it at his leisure.

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
kyfe said:
I get out of my car and pack it up and the guys got me blocked in, he proceeds to tell me he called the cops and told them i ran a bunch of reds was excessively speeding and not obeying the rules of the road.
My question; why'd you stick around to chat with the joker instead of getting on with your day?

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
also, i forgot to mention that if your goal is to completely win one of these situations and watch a clown's face melt with rage,
you wait for them to pull up next to you and you laugh and smile gleefully while giving them the finger.

it works so good.

alas these are old Thumpr tactics, i rarely pull them out anymore.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
I have no sympathy for anything that doesn't signal its turns. I can accept slow fast and or stupid but not signalling really should be a 4 point offence and a minimum $250 fine.

People not using signals have caused me more close calls both in car and on a bike then anything else by a large factor.

Caz

TRIBE Member
Thumpr said:
also, i forgot to mention that if your goal is to completely win one of these situations and watch a clown's face melt with rage,
you wait for them to pull up next to you and you laugh and smile gleefully while giving them the finger.

it works so good.

works

every

time

emiwee

TRIBE Member
Thumpr said:

it works so good.

i usually have done this. however, it backfired on me once, and resulted in the crazy dude chasing me for 30 minutes around back streets while i first tried to lose him and then while i looked for a police station.

pulled up to police station, dude pulls up behind my car. he tries to race me into the police station and starts yelling that i gave him the finger and that police should intervene. the officer on the duty desk looked at him, laughed, said "stop terrorizing teenagers in their cars and go home".

it was christmas eve. the man chasing me was obviously in a very festive mood.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Klubmasta Will said:
so you cut him off after he cut you off? (if not, what was it exactly that pissed him off?)

and if you thought the guy was following you, why did that make you drive so cautiously? did you think he would make a citizen's arrest or something? :p
I went around him, using my signal of course. The caution in my driving was to see if he would just go around me and stop following me. I really can't say for sure, he was just an old man with loads of time on his hands.

there is nothing worse than being followed, I wasn't concerned about leading him to my work since we have cameras everywhere and I could if needed find out everything I want to know just from his plate number.

Will I know you live downtown and probably don't drive as much, but I can tell you there are alot of people who just simply cannot drive and even more people who are just looking for an excuse to let someone have it.

Especially in the burbs

marcinm

TRIBE Member
emiwee said:
i usually have done this. however, it backfired on me once, and resulted in the crazy dude chasing me for 30 minutes around back streets while i first tried to lose him and then while i looked for a police station.

pulled up to police station, dude pulls up behind my car. he tries to race me into the police station and starts yelling that i gave him the finger and that police should intervene. the officer on the duty desk looked at him, laughed, said "stop terrorizing teenagers in their cars and go home".

it was christmas eve. the man chasing me was obviously in a very festive mood.
and then they took him out back and gave him a yuletide beatin?

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Thumpr said:

it works so good.
Couldn't be more true...Except that I've retired the finger and now use the 'tongue through the middle and ring finger' universal sign for eating pussy, or the 'hand up and down' universal sign for jacking off.

People are so desensitized to the middle finger, IMO.

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
One time.....no lie...an asshole swerved his car into mine. Almost hit me. It was a girl driving with three drunk assholes. One dude stuck his finger out at me and yelled some racial slurs. I followed them for ever........finally they stopped at a red light up in the boonies. I got out of my car, jumped on the trunk of their big boat of a car.....

.....and put my boot right through the rear windshield. The entire windshield shattered and fell in on them.

BOOM!

I jumped off and took off...

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Thumpr said:
if your goal is to completely win one of these situations and watch a clown's face melt with rage,

No way! I agree and do the first part, but I don't give them the satisfaction of the finger. I wave frantically instead with a completely facetious clown smile -like a ridiculous Ronald McDonald impression. It makes them not only furious, but tends to also help bring about the realization of how little control they have over emotional outbursts.

Crazlegs

TRIBE Member
The same thing happened to me one time, the only difference being that I got out of my car with the bat that happened to be in the back seat and told the fucker I'd beat him to death if he didn't leave immediately. :mad:

Needless to say he left with his tail between his legs

Snapper

TRIBE Member
Thumpr said:
...you wait for them to pull up next to you and you laugh and smile gleefully while giving them the finger.

it works so good.
I'll vouch for this too, this REALLY gets people going.

Shawn does this anyway, but without the finger.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Crazlegs said:
The same thing happened to me one time, the only difference being that I got out of my car with the bat that happened to be in the back seat and told the fucker I'd beat him to death if he didn't leave immediately. :mad:

Needless to say he left with his tail between his legs
haha, you really are from my hood!!!

Katman

TRIBE Member
I had some fucker doing about 140KM/hr on a QEW off ramp miss my bumper by about 2 feet. I ferociously saluted the C-sucker with my middle finger in retaliation.

Unfortunately, it was actually an OPP cruiser without cherries. Boy oh Boy was she pissed.