• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

what is this?

KiFe

TRIBE Member
possum....

it's a threat!

kill it.. or it will consume your family and everyone you love.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
it reminds me of the kids story that they would read on Today's Special... someone's gotta remember what i'm talking about.
there was a mischievious little possum/mouse/some kinda rodent in all the stories.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
there's more evil in that eye than I can imagine...kill it,kill it TWO TIME!!

kidding...don't kill but I agree wiht consuming your family thing so WATCH IT!

g0nz0

TRIBE Member
well i dont want it to attack my dog, and i dont want it in my house....i tell it to "shue" but it just glares at me with its beety lil eyes and continues to eat dog shit.

shue possum, shue!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by g0nz0

shue possum, shue!

Throw rocks at it.

Put a cherry bomb in dogshit... wait for possum to sonsume all dogshit and bomb, sans fuse.... ignite... run.

Throw rocks at it.

Throw cats at it.

Tape a bunch of cats together until they look like a horse.. then throw that at it.

call pest control.

throw rocks at it.

pour water on it.

step on it.

ban that possum from your backyard.. and hope he never returns with a different name.

g0nz0

TRIBE Member
well if this thing is gonna stay we're chargin rent. it probably has no means of income, so as long as it eats all the dog shit, we should be able to get along.

sk8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by g0nz0
well i dont want it to attack my dog, and i dont want it in my house....i tell it to "shue" but it just glares at me with its beety lil eyes and continues to eat dog shit.

shue possum, shue!
well there's your problem.

it's "SHOO"

Virginia Opossum
Didelphis virginiana

Description House cat size. Grizzled white above; long white hairs cover black-tipped fur below. In some areas, individuals may appear grayish or blackish. Long, naked prehensile tail. Head and throat whitish; ears large, naked, black with pinkish tips. Legs short; first toe of hindfoot opposable (thumb-like) and lacks claw. Female has fur-lined abdominal pouch. L 25–40" (645–1,017 mm); T 10 1/8–21" (255–535 mm); HF 1 7/8–3 1/8" (48–80 mm); Wt 4– 14 lb (1.8–6.3 kg).

Breeding After 12–13 day gestation, 1–14 young attach themselves to mother’s nipples for 2 months; 2 or 3 litters per year.

Habitat Deciduous forests, open woods, brushy wastelands, and farmlands.

Discussion A solitary nocturnal animal, the Virginia Opossum is terrestrial and arboreal, and climbs well. Although it does not hibernate, during very cold weather it may hole up for several days at a time, risking frostbite on its naked ears and tail to seek food when hunger strikes. Carrion forms much of its diet, and many individuals are killed on highways while attempting to feed on roadkill. The diet also includes insects, frogs, birds, snakes, small mammals, earthworms, and berries and other fruits; persimmons, apples, and corn are favorite foods. Opossums scent-mark, especially during the breeding season, licking themselves and rubbing the sides of their heads against tree trunks or other objects. Because the penis is forked, there is a myth that this species mates through the female’s nose. The Virginia Opossum makes a leaf nest in a hollow log, fallen tree, abandoned burrow, or other sheltered place. After a gestation of less than two weeks, the "living embryos," each the size of a navy bean, climb up through the hair of the female and enter the vertical opening of her pouch. Each takes one of her 13 nipples in its mouth and remains thus attached to the mother for two months. Those who do not obtain a nipple perish. Several defensive behaviors have been described in opossums. When threatened, an individual may roll over, shut its eyes, and allow its tongue to loll, feigning death, or "playing possum," for some time. More often, it tries to bluff its attacker by hissing, screeching, salivating, opening its mouth wide to show all of its 50 teeth, and sometimes excreting a greenish substance. Many of these behaviors occur in encounters between males. Clicks, used in aggressive displays by males during mating season, are also employed in communications between mother and young. The Virginia Opossum is hunted for its fur, which is not considered particularly valuable but is used for trimming, and for its meat, which many consider a delicacy.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
"The diet also includes insects, frogs, birds, snakes, small mammals, earthworms, and berries and other fruits; persimmons, apples, and corn are favorite foods..."

almost like the tazmanian devil....

persimmons?

squirrely

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KiFe
Throw rocks at it.

Put a cherry bomb in dogshit... wait for possum to sonsume all dogshit and bomb, sans fuse.... ignite... run.

Throw rocks at it.

Throw cats at it.

Tape a bunch of cats together until they look like a horse.. then throw that at it.

call pest control.

throw rocks at it.

pour water on it.

step on it.

ban that possum from your backyard.. and hope he never returns with a different name.
this is my favourite post.
i read it again and again and it just keeps on getting better.