• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

~*...what is the most significant mystery of the 20th century?...*~

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
society has achieved so much in the past 100 years. from the model t to man walking on the moon, the 20th century has catapulted our society into new and unheard of realms of possibility. and yet there are still so many mysteries that we have not been able to solve. where do crop circles come from? what exists in the darkest depths of our seas? who shot john f. kennedy? what is the most significant mystery of the 20th century?

imho, it is our understanding of the human body, more specifically how our body battles disease that remains the biggest mystery of the 20th century (or our time even). from the flu to lou gherig's disease, we have yet to fully understand how our body works yet alone find a cure for disease. i guess disease is a pretty big and vague mystery, so i'll narrow it down to one specific disease that continues to baffle even our best scientist...cancer. i could go off on the plethora of stats available on this disease which has so many different faces, each one of them cruel and ugly, and chances are cancer has affected your direct family or someone you know. as we learn more and more about our bodies, we move closer to understanding how disease affects us and how they can be cured. but history isn't always kind to those who try to rush it.

in your opinion, what is the most significant mystery of the 20th century? and why?

- that mysterious guy

Last edited:

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
I would like to know the whole JFK story. I think it is important because it was a watershed event. I believe the government did it and in doing so saw by just how much they could hoodwink the people. It was a day for corruption that echoed on and on.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
who took my liquid gloves at turbo in 1999 ? They said said foot joy on them, had blue stripes, and snaps that could unsnap for marking dancing territory. They were fire-proof and water resistant to at least 100 ft. They were not theft-proof.

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mr tall
who took my liquid gloves at turbo in 1999 ? They said said foot joy on them, had blue stripes, and snaps that could unsnap for marking dancing territory. They were fire-proof and water resistant to at least 100 ft. They were not theft-proof.
That is the gayest thing I have ever heard being lost. Usually when something this gay gets lost the owner says nothing because it's so goddamned gay.

:p

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by the_fornicator
the Honey Comb secret?
there is no such thing.

Originally posted by SneakyPete
We're in the 21st century? :confused:
yes. norm was asking about the most significant mystery of the last century. :)

Originally posted by that 420 guy
what is the most significant mystery of the 20th century?
don't know about the 20th century, but the greatest mysteries of all time are probably:

are we alone in the universe?

is there a god?

is there life after death?

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Evil Dynovac
That is the gayest thing I have ever heard being lost. Usually when something this gay gets lost the owner says nothing because it's so goddamned gay.

:p
it isn't gay, if you saw me in those gloves you'd liquid shit your pants at the machismo of the moment. But you wouldn't care, if you knew how to party.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
the identity of the Zodiac Killer in San Fran in the late 60s, still the most fascinating of all the serial killers.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kerouacdude
the identity of the Zodiac Killer in San Fran in the late 60s, still the most fascinating of all the serial killers.
But I watched a show, they weren't 100% sure they got the right guy still... :confused:

But definetly a genius no matter ... seriously fucked up, but all that planning is sick. :eek:

pr0nstar

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mr tall
dude, those are golf gloves.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
But I watched a show, they weren't 100% sure they got the right guy still... :confused:

But definetly a genius no matter ... seriously fucked up, but all that planning is sick. :eek:

pr0nstar
:confused:
they never caught the guy...there are theories by different authors of who it might have been, but no one was ever arrested or charged.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Ya, the show said they weren't 100% sure.
They thought it was the Janitor guy... who knows.

Still freaky no matter.

pr0nstar

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by that 420 guy
i guess disease is a pretty big and vague mystery, so i'll narrow it down to one specific disease that continues to baffle even our best scientist...cancer.[/IMG]
Cancer is not one disease, but rather hundreds, which is why I laugh at things such as the Run for THE Cure, as if there is one cure for cancers (of course, I support it, just find it funny...haha...).

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by shylock_one
Roswell.

Is the US gov't covering up the existance of extraterrestrial life ?
Who really cares? How does it impact your day-to-day life at all if extraterrestrial life was once found?

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Who really cares? How does it impact your day-to-day life at all if extraterrestrial life was once found?
I think it would create a paradigm shift in the way humans think of themselves, each other, and our place in creation. IF it were true, that a race other than ours lives out there in the universe AND has created the technology to visit us then WE can do the same... and that's huge.

I don't think the alien episodes at Roswell happened because if it did I think we could have duplicated the technology by now.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
IF it were true, that a race other than ours lives out there in the universe AND has created the technology to visit us then WE can do the same... and that's huge.
If there were aliens intelligent and advanced enough to be able to visit us, they most definitely wouldn't do it... a quick, remote look around, and they'd never come back.

We are a mere ant colony to anything intelligent enough to "visit"... fun to look at for a few minutes until you figure out how stupid and self-destructive we are...

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
I don't think the alien episodes at Roswell happened because if it did I think we could have duplicated the technology by now.
You have such an overblown sense of human abilities, there is no doubt that you are human.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kerouacdude
never heard of this... what's the details?

Bumbaclat

shylock_one

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Me? I'd prolly start my own UFO worshipping church, get some followers and profit!