• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What is the meaning/significance behind your Tribe user name?

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
mrs peacock said:
I thought of tribe as a place of gossip and drama i thought the name mrs. peacock taken from the movie Clue would be suited for tribe and me at the time.

PEACOCK
(breathlessly)
"Well, someone's got to break the ice, and it might as well be me.
I mean, I'm used to being a hostess; it's part of my husband's work,
and it's always difficult when a group of new friends meet together
for the first time to get acquainted, so I'm perfectly prepared to start
the ball rolling . . . I mean, I have absolutely no idea what we're doing
here, or what I'm doing here, or what this place is about, but I am
determined to enjoy myself and I'm very intrigued and oh, my, this
soup's delicious isn't it?"

love that movie

Surfer Joe

TRIBE Member
It's from a song off Neil Young's Re*ac*tor album

Here's a story about Surfer Joe
He caught the big one,
and he let it go
He's somebody satisfied
with winning.

Not that I ever really caught the big one or anything, though I did try surfing in Brazil once, which was fun. I reckon I don't know why that name popped into my head when I signed up. Fascinating, huh?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
OhNo! said:

Oh no!
Niggas ain't scared to hustle
It's been seven days, the same clothes
Ask them originals cause they know
Pharoah and mos verbalize most from coast to coast step away from the mic they
Too cold
The funk might fracture your nose

Oh no!
Look at who they let in the back door
From long beach to brooklyn they know
We rock from the east to west coast
Queens salute to pharoahe (you know)
Step away from the mic they too cold
The funk might fracture your nose
booya!

deep

TRIBE Member
Roman references to a cabbage family vegetable that may have been broccoli are less than perfectly clear: the Roman natural history writer, Pliny the Elder, wrote about a vegetable which might have been broccoli. Some vegetable scholars recognize broccoli in the cookbook of Apicius.

Broccoli was certainly an Italian vegetable, as its name suggests, long before it was eaten elsewhere. Its first mention in France is in 1560, but in 1724 broccoli was still so unfamiliar in England that Philip Miller's Gardener's Dictionary (1724 edition) referred to it as a stranger in England and explained it as "sprout colli-flower" or "Italian asparagus". In the American colonies, Thomas Jefferson was also an experimentative gardener with a wide circle of European correspondents, from whom he got packets of seeds for rare vegetables such as tomatoes, noted the planting of broccoli at Monticello along with radishes, lettuce, and cauliflower on May 27, 1767. Nevertheless, broccoli remained an exotic in American gardens. In 1775, John Randolph, in A Treatise on Gardening by a Citizen of Virginia, felt he had to explain about broccoli: "The stems will eat like Asparagus, and the heads like Cauliflower."

Commerical cultivation of broccoli in the United States can be traced to the D'Arrigo brothers, Stephano and Andrea, immigrants from Messina, Italy, whose company made some tentative plantings in San Jose, California in 1922. A few crates were initially shipped to Boston where there was a thriving Italian immigrant culture in the North End. The broccoli business boomed, with the D'Arrigo's brand name 'Andy Boy' named after Stephano's two-year-old son, Andrew, and backed with advertisements on the radio.

A cross between broccoli and cauliflower, the broccoflower - also known as Romanesco - was first cultivated in Europe around 1988. It has very pale green heads densely packed like cauliflower, but with the flavor of broccoli.

Broccoli is frequently referred to in popular culture as a vegetable that parents try to force their unwilling children to eat.

In a Halloween episode of The Simpsons, Homer is killed by eating broccoli. When examining the body, Dr. Hibert said that broccoli was one the of deadliest plants, that warned people with its bad taste.

United States President George Bush (41st) was known to have an active disdain for broccoli, having actually said so in an offhand remark during his presidency. In response, a powerful broccoli agriculture lobby sent several tons of it to the White House.

Also, in the TV sitcom Seinfeld, Newman refers to broccoli as a "Vile weed!". In the animated series Family Guy's episode "I Never Met the Dead Man", Stewie Griffin invents a weather control device in an attempt to wipe out global production of the vegetable.

Dana Carvey did a sketch on Saturday Night Live where he sang an entire song about broccoli to Sigourney Weaver. The sketch was a big hit, and the song became quite popular.

Broccoli even appeared as a contestant on a cartoon game show on an episode of MTV's Liquid Television. The character could only repeat its name, and did so for every answer it gave.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
deep said:
Roman references to a cabbage family vegetable that may have been broccoli are less than perfectly clear: the Roman natural history writer, Pliny the Elder, wrote about a vegetable which might have been broccoli. Some vegetable scholars recognize broccoli in the cookbook of Apicius.

Broccoli was certainly an Italian vegetable, as its name suggests, long before it was eaten elsewhere. Its first mention in France is in 1560, but in 1724 broccoli was still so unfamiliar in England that Philip Miller's Gardener's Dictionary (1724 edition) referred to it as a stranger in England and explained it as "sprout colli-flower" or "Italian asparagus". In the American colonies, Thomas Jefferson was also an experimentative gardener with a wide circle of European correspondents, from whom he got packets of seeds for rare vegetables such as tomatoes, noted the planting of broccoli at Monticello along with radishes, lettuce, and cauliflower on May 27, 1767. Nevertheless, broccoli remained an exotic in American gardens. In 1775, John Randolph, in A Treatise on Gardening by a Citizen of Virginia, felt he had to explain about broccoli: "The stems will eat like Asparagus, and the heads like Cauliflower."

Commerical cultivation of broccoli in the United States can be traced to the D'Arrigo brothers, Stephano and Andrea, immigrants from Messina, Italy, whose company made some tentative plantings in San Jose, California in 1922. A few crates were initially shipped to Boston where there was a thriving Italian immigrant culture in the North End. The broccoli business boomed, with the D'Arrigo's brand name 'Andy Boy' named after Stephano's two-year-old son, Andrew, and backed with advertisements on the radio.

A cross between broccoli and cauliflower, the broccoflower - also known as Romanesco - was first cultivated in Europe around 1988. It has very pale green heads densely packed like cauliflower, but with the flavor of broccoli.

Broccoli is frequently referred to in popular culture as a vegetable that parents try to force their unwilling children to eat.

In a Halloween episode of The Simpsons, Homer is killed by eating broccoli. When examining the body, Dr. Hibert said that broccoli was one the of deadliest plants, that warned people with its bad taste.

United States President George Bush (41st) was known to have an active disdain for broccoli, having actually said so in an offhand remark during his presidency. In response, a powerful broccoli agriculture lobby sent several tons of it to the White House.

Also, in the TV sitcom Seinfeld, Newman refers to broccoli as a "Vile weed!". In the animated series Family Guy's episode "I Never Met the Dead Man", Stewie Griffin invents a weather control device in an attempt to wipe out global production of the vegetable.

Dana Carvey did a sketch on Saturday Night Live where he sang an entire song about broccoli to Sigourney Weaver. The sketch was a big hit, and the song became quite popular.

Broccoli even appeared as a contestant on a cartoon game show on an episode of MTV's Liquid Television. The character could only repeat its name, and did so for every answer it gave.
there

acheron

TRIBE Member
Lil'Timmy said:
I'm actually quite small in height
if you've seen me, I'm on stilts.
From your pictures I would have guessed two short people, kids maybe, one on the other's shoulders, like they're trying to get into an R-rated film at the movieplex or something.

migzzzz

TRIBE Member
migzzzz short for miguel (and it's actually spelt as MiGzzz - three Z's in it - tribe wouldn't let me register as MiGzzz, so i had to settle for migzzzz which i hate)

I also go by...
1.) migzzzster
2.) The mighty MiGzzz
3.) miggty miggty migzzz...
4.) or plain old miguel

sugar

TRIBE Member
mrs peacock said:
I thought of tribe as a place of gossip and drama i thought the name mrs. peacock taken from the movie Clue would be suited for tribe and me at the time.

PEACOCK
(breathlessly)
"Well, someone's got to break the ice, and it might as well be me.
I mean, I'm used to being a hostess; it's part of my husband's work,
and it's always difficult when a group of new friends meet together
for the first time to get acquainted, so I'm perfectly prepared to start
the ball rolling . . . I mean, I have absolutely no idea what we're doing
here, or what I'm doing here, or what this place is about, but I am
determined to enjoy myself and I'm very intrigued and oh, my, this
soup's delicious isn't it?"
I bought this DVD in the fall, and this has reminded me that I should watch it tonight!

"[SIZE=-1]I'm going home to sleep with my wife"[/SIZE]

alma

TRIBE Member
deep said:

damn that's easy to do with the new software!

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
I was dubbed "Loress" by "the family" (a group of really close friends) about 10yrs ago.. it was "S" steve who integratd the "S" language into our group. yah.. we're a weird bunch. :)

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
dvs= first initial and last intial (dany v.) followed by an 's' to make it 'devious', just like me. ;)

d

p.s. devious. not really, i'm a pussy.

annec

TRIBE Member
Muffin said:
:confused:

don't know that reference.
I guess you didn't go to Ryerson then. Rye High is an old nickname for what used to be a polytechnic school, then they got university status.

Gunark

TRIBE Member
Say it with me: Gun-ark, not Goonark.

As in the roughest gunark out of south park. *spins jungle towel in the air*

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Got told I have an eclectic taste in music because before I started DJ'ing they used to call me the "Human Jukebox" as I knew a bunch of artists from all genres.

First night I played music for money (like the whore I am) the MC asked me what my DJ Name was and the girl right next to him blurted it out.

It stuck.

Katman

TRIBE Member
'cause I'm the MAN who loves the pussy!

Well, actually, my big brother started calling me that when I was three because I was obsessed with our kitty, Mr Boots.