• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What is the best protein?

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
I sometimes get the "natural" ISOFlex 5lb tub , it is about $85 or somthing like that. I get it because it is sweetened with Stevia and no artificial stuff.

Jay

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

mrfinesse

TRIBE Member
I went ahead and ordered from canadian protein even before the samples came. It's a solid choice, favours purchased were strawberry, chocolate and chocolate peanut butter.

Taste is average, chocolate taste like hot chocolate like that powdered stuff and add boiling water too. Strawberry is like sweet? Best way i can describe it, if u ever had these like y&y strawberry cookie roll things, it taste like that cream. choco pb taste a bit sweeter than choco with some added pb flavour. This is mixed with water. All the same to me though since I drop oatmeal into it < YUCK.

Mixability in shaker cup is good just like any other premium labeled brand, and surprisingly mixability with a spoon/chopstick is good too very little clumping, it is better than dymatize elite whey with a spoon.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mrfinesse

TRIBE Member
Optimal Nutrition makes the best protien hands down. Mixability and taste is second to none.

I never been a fan of ON stuff just cuz it was always pricey. But I went ahead and bought their casein protein cuz I guess it was on sale and I wanted to try it. Mixability & taste are like 10/10! These things like really simulate a shake, I used milk and it was sooooo thick, really hard to get down. With water, it wasn't as thick and perfect consistency for me. Actually enjoy drinking them. Banana cream

Is their 100% GS Whey like this as well?

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
I never been a fan of ON stuff just cuz it was always pricey. But I went ahead and bought their casein protein cuz I guess it was on sale and I wanted to try it. Mixability & taste are like 10/10! These things like really simulate a shake, I used milk and it was sooooo thick, really hard to get down. With water, it wasn't as thick and perfect consistency for me. Actually enjoy drinking them. Banana cream

It's a pretty good product...it taste very "shakey' with just water for the most part. Rocky Road and Cookies & cream are amazing flavors

LikeASweet

TRIBE Member
have you tried myofusion? I used to whore ON's protein until i tasted myofusion

:p

Oh ya, myofusion is fantastic as far as taste goes. Mixibility i found that it was little bit clumpy but over its a great product. I was turned off of it by the guy at GNC who claimed that they pump it full of extra additives that arent that good for you. Im not sure if he was correct but i have stayed away ever since.

LikeASweet

TRIBE Member

Yep I found the Gold Standard excellent as well. All of their protein seems to have a similar formula. I love how it pretty much disolves once you put it in liquid.

I dont get it anymore because like you, It started to hurt the wallet. However it seems ALL protein is going up in price. Its actually quite ridiculous as alot of 5lb tubs are 69$ at stores like GNC and Popeyes. Ive tried to order online but the shipping costs ends up evening the price out. ANyone have any good ideas where I could get cheap, quality protien? I could care less about taste if it mixes well and the price is right.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
LikeASweet said:
Oh ya, myofusion is fantastic as far as taste goes. Mixibility i found that it was little bit clumpy but over its a great product. I was turned off of it by the guy at GNC who claimed that they pump it full of extra additives that arent that good for you. Im not sure if he was correct but i have stayed away ever since.

yeah, there's a few additives - but i'm not a fan of the naturalistic fallacy. I'd like proof that things aren't good for me before spending more on products that lack such ingredients.

Yep I found the Gold Standard excellent as well. All of their protein seems to have a similar formula. I love how it pretty much disolves once you put it in liquid.

I dont get it anymore because like you, It started to hurt the wallet. However it seems ALL protein is going up in price. Its actually quite ridiculous as alot of 5lb tubs are 69$ at stores like GNC and Popeyes. Ive tried to order online but the shipping costs ends up evening the price out. ANyone have any good ideas where I could get cheap, quality protien? I could care less about taste if it mixes well and the price is right.

That being said, i've never seen myofusion at more then 55/5lb. I've seen other proteints at 45/5lb - but the flavor is shit.

if you want to buy CHEAP but QUALITY protein - your best bet is buying bulk online.

mrfinesse

TRIBE Member

I'm stuck in the same spot right now too. I wanted to stock up on Kaizen stuff from costco when it was on sale but nobody I know has a friggin' costco card.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member

Gaspari/Myfusion has made a Canadian only size, which is 6lb and the best part is it's still the same price as what the 5lb was. Make sure you keep your eye out for it, as it's one of the best priced proteins.

technowelt

TRIBE Member

I've been ordering from vitamart.ca recently, I think a 5lb tub of ON 100% GS is $59 or so but the shipping is free.

ethnik

TRIBE Member
oh for fucks sake. eggs are the most complete protein. have a chat with your local nutrionist and stop putting all that unregulated, untested crap in your bodies.

you can get everything you need protein wise from a normal, balanced diet.

supplements are for lazy folks, ignorant folks and just plain dumb folks. you are all pissing away your money.

there is not a single nutrional compound, vitamin etc that ever needs to be supplemented if you are eating real whole foods. other than, possibly, vitamin d. and even those studies are sometimes contradictory and inconclusive.

go out and grab yourselves a copy of "The Feed Zone Cook Book". Allen Lim will drop some knowledge on you.

LikeASweet

TRIBE Member
while your point is taken and rings true you have forgotten to take into account that some of us do not have the time or the money to eat 6-8 meals per day. thus the need for protein powder. if i could make it work, i would gladly scrap the protein powder for food but my lifestyle doesnt allow for it at the moment.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
oh for fucks sake. eggs are the most complete protein. have a chat with your local nutrionist and stop putting all that unregulated, untested crap in your bodies.

you can get everything you need protein wise from a normal, balanced diet.

supplements are for lazy folks, ignorant folks and just plain dumb folks. you are all pissing away your money.

there is not a single nutrional compound, vitamin etc that ever needs to be supplemented if you are eating real whole foods. other than, possibly, vitamin d. and even those studies are sometimes contradictory and inconclusive.

go out and grab yourselves a copy of "The Feed Zone Cook Book". Allen Lim will drop some knowledge on you.

Most nutritionists i know promote protein powder, fish oil and a few different, actually.

For people who are looking to build muscle mass - eating 200g of protein a day isn't always the easiest thing ...neither is eating 6 chicken breasts throughout the day.

Protein is the FARTHEST thing from pissing your money away. Let's take a look at the costs together.

Chicken Breast: 9.99/lb (if you're lucky..and that's not grass-fed or free range) = 4 portions of ~30g of protein. each portion = $2.50
Egg whites : 5$/ 500ml carton. 1 Protein feed = 1/2 a carton. 1 Feed = $2.50
Whey Isolate : $90/tub = 90 servings = $1 per serving, for a protein that much more quickly and more efficiently then the two above proteins.

How about Fish oil? We live in a society that doens't eat enough fresh fish. Fresh fish is expensive , way more expensive then the above proteins. Fish oil is a fraction of the price - while still providing great health benefits.

Are they both purely replacements for real food? No. That's why they're called "SUPPLEMENTS", because they SUPPLEMENT your diet.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
I just bought Precision I-PLX. The last powder I used was ISOFLEX and the guy at the popeye's supplement store said that Precision I-PLX is more bang for your buck as there is more protein and less crap in it then in other brands.

I also bought FISH OIL which is lemon flavoured so i can take a teaspoon of it every morning before work :)

Yesterday I grabbed CHIA SEEDS as well to put in my granola/yogurt/berry mix!

Trying to be super healthy! :D

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
I just bought my first protein supplement the 90$ Whey Isolate from popeye mostly since how fast acting it is. Doing an intense session at the gym then eating some chicken will still take about 45+ mins for your body to work it in so the protein is faster.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
went back to true protein for another order of 20lbs Whey Protein Isolate Cold-Filtration, plain (unflavoured) + stevia for sweetening. let the good times roll.

SolChild

TRIBE Promoter
Ive been taking Perfect Nutrition Diesel - Its New Zealand Whey+BCAAs+L-Glutamine and sweetened with Stevia....27g Protein per serving. Tastes nice, I like it.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
50% off Jamieson supplements this week at whatever Price Chopper is rebranded as now (Food Co???)... that's means good deals on B complex's, glutamine, Omega 3-6-9, and Lechithin...