• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What is the best protein?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
So I am currently doing KAIZEN vanilla, but one of my health food suppliers says that STRIVE PRO-ISL is better because it is 100% Isolate whereas the KAIZEN is a blend of isolate and concentrate.

Not having an organic chemistry degree, i am wondering which is the better one to be doing...

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
whats the question? are you using it as an all day supplement in between meals, or straight after the gym?

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
For after the gym, I usually take All Max - Isoflex. Everyday use, I take something a hell of a lot cheap, and not an isolate.

djglobalkiller

TRIBE Promoter
hemp seed hearts are the best all around complete protein

i got a jug for free as a sample form work.. will update after eating, (steak and hempseed salad)

organik

TRIBE Member
If you want a really healthy protein product... I would suggest Ergogenics Nutrition - "New Zealand Whey Pro-Series". It's from cows that haven't been exposed to Hormones & antibiotics, and there are NO artifical ingredients in the product... it's 100% all natural.

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
alex, I used to always go with Absolute Whey protein poweder, as it contains no artificial anything. You can buy it at the Big Carrot (they used to carry it anyway, haven't checked for over a year.)

organik

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
So I am currently doing KAIZEN vanilla, but one of my health food suppliers says that STRIVE PRO-ISL is better because it is 100% Isolate whereas the KAIZEN is a blend of isolate and concentrate.

Not having an organic chemistry degree, i am wondering which is the better one to be doing...
Are you by any chance shopping at GNC?? The few times I went browsing there, it seems the sales guys are always pushing strive pro-iso because their getting commission off the product.

Honestly if you want good advice on what to buy go to THE BIG CARROT, they're the most educated staff that I've ever met, and they're very strict as to what goes on their shelves. They also sell the "New Zealand whey" which comes in an isolate as well as a blend. http://www.ergogenicsnutrition.com It's definitely the best whey product on the market right now.

patboogie

TRIBE Promoter
Precision Iso-Pro Low Card All Natural Whey Protein Isolate - Vanilla

It's by far the tastiest I have tried and you won't get any nasty clumps. I mix it in my Magic Bullet with skim milk and frozen raspberries and blueberries and it's really yummy.

patboogie

TRIBE Promoter
patboogie said:
Precision Iso-Pro Low Card All Natural Whey Protein Isolate - Vanilla

It's by far the tastiest I have tried and you won't get any nasty clumps. I mix it in my Magic Bullet with skim milk and frozen raspberries and blueberries and it's really yummy.

woops! my bad, it should say "Low Carb"

guysmiley

TRIBE Member
Anyone ever try "Brad King's Ultimate Protein"? It was highly recomended at the Noah's I shop at but so far lacklustre results for me. It's clumpy as hell and you don't get that wake-me-up rush you do with most protein powders.

It's too soon to see if it's making a difference mass-wise, but I don't have high hopes...