• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

What is a Speaker Seat at Massey Hall?

greginhali

TRIBE Member
Hey all

I get what obstructed seat is at Massey Hall, but some seats are designated speaker seats? Does that mean the speakers on the stage block your view of the stage?

If so, would you buy them?

I wouldn't buy obstructed because the poles are huge at Massey hall.

acheron

TRIBE Member
probably right in front of one of the speaker stacks. Not a bad thing if you're a speaker tweaker but it could be a problem if you're borderline tinnitus.

oeretS

TRIBE Member
pretty sure I had those for BB King many years ago, and then Wilco in 2010. You get a partial view of the stage. The sound is right in front of you and can be a lot to deal with, depending on the band I guess.

Center balcony is my absolute favourite for Massey, good view and you hear the sound swirl around the room really well - an effect I'd never heard before until sitting there

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Rush did this quadraphonic sound thing at Maple Leaf Gardens many moons ago ( mid 80's ), with 360 degree speakers at the back of the audience, 1st time and only time i heard that live.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
It is for Buddy Guy. April 4th. Ive seen him a couple of times and he puts on a rocking show.

The seats are Row F & E so real close to the stage. What i dont understand is why do they need speaker stacks on the main floor to pump out sound? Why not have speakers on the stage like most other shows. Why have speakers in the seating area to fill a relatively small theatre?

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

greginhali

TRIBE Member
I do love buddy guy, but i think im going to hold off. I guess there is a reason these seats are still available. No one else wants them either.

Maui

TRIBE Member
These are the mid speakers beside the sound guy's booth in the audience. Your sitting right on top of the them. Stick in a butt plug and enjoy the ride for teh night my friend.