• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

What is a cool fun or interesting winter activity here in Toronto...

todiefor

TRIBE Promoter
that not many people know or think about? Obviously there is snowboarding, or figure skating, but if you want to get your ass off the couch in the cold snowy months, what other options are there here in the city?

Liquidity

TRIBE Member
hit up a sports bar and get drunk watching leafs hockey?

i dunno... most of us just hybernate (sit on couch watching tv)...

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
In Toronto?

You can have a slush ball fight. Or you can try and pile all of the grey slush from the sidewalks into a slush man.

Probably best to do something indoors like rock climbing, because the city totally sucks in the winter.

No snow, just grey wet slush thanks to all the dirt and salt on the roads & sidewalks.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
go for a walk late at night in a snowstorm and appreciate how empty the streets are.

Cross country skiing

go for a bike ride

festival of lights at kensington

shovel snow

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic

Probably best to do something indoors like rock climbing, because the city totally sucks in the winter.
that is a kickass idea. I actually have a list going of things to do and mini-projects to get me through the winter this year....*adds to list*

aether

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by I_bRAD

Cross country skiing
cross-country skiing is bad-ass! i remember the year before last i was able to ski from my front door to high-park, it ruled. i'd like to petition for dedicated skiing-lanes.