• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What I learned today (or, I have an ultra conservative housemate)

HotSauce

TRIBE Member
  • Stephen Harper cares about and wants the best for every Canadian citizen regardless of race, creed, status, etc...
  • Stephen Harper is dedicated to protecting the environment (we don't need Kyoto, and he's earmarked money towards the development of new-age fuel cells)
  • The "ghettos" could be improved if they got jobs and paid rent and were forced to have flowerboxes
  • The Nazi regime in Germany wasn't all that bad in terms of their policies
  • Only 5 Million Jews were killed during the above mentioned time, not 7 Million as the Jewish controlled hollywood would have you believe
  • Racial profiling, at least against Muslims, is not racist and is in fact neccesary to maintain the security of Canada.
  • Sure, women should be allowed to have an abortion, but abortion should be illegal.

More to come....
For posterity's sake, I will endeavour to record the next discussion.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
LUCKY! I just moved in with roommates who agree with me on everything so far. :(

This guy sounds like a gem, please post more.

HotSauce

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog said:
LUCKY! I just moved in with roommates who agree with me on everything so far. :(
That sucks...
I have a housemate who I agree with on pretty much everything, so I can appreciate how boring that is...
This new guy is an entertaining addition for sure.

swilly

TRIBE Member
I know how you feel. I have been living and working in a smilar situation for four months.

Here are some of the more profoundly dumb things i have heard.

1) Being gay is wrong. It says so in the bible and the bible is the word of god and therefore if it says it in the bible being gay must be wrong.
Me " but jordan the bibles also says that the world was flat and that there was nothing beyond africa "

Him " ok well there are some errors in the bible but being gay is not one of them god says so"

I was like " oh ya your right"

2) The middle east needs democracy and the US has done all it could in its power to bring democracy to the middle east. Democracy is a fundemental right all humans have and if those people only had democracy there would be no problems.

Me "but jordan what about the democractically elected president of Iran who was ousted by the US and the UK because he nationalized the oil industry and they put in a unelected king. Which then resulted in the rise of fundemantlism in Iran because of peoples frustation".

Him " ya well we also need to consider what type of democracy it is like it has to be a democracy that serves our interest"

me " but the shah was not elected and therefore was in no way a democracy"

Him " ya well you have to have a balance william. Like you cant have them out thier choosing whoever you want. What do you think this is?

Me " oh yes what i was thinking democracy was" :O

3) If Iran or venezeual ever tried to quit selling oil the US it would be a massive problem for them. They would cripple thier economy.

Me " why?"

him "because who would they sell it to they would be fucked the US is the single largest consumer of oil."

me " this is true but do you not think that they should diversy thier markets a little more. What harm could it be to sell 80 percent of thier oil to markets other than the US. The US would not be able to influence them so much and they would be able to exert more independance."

Him " ya but it would never work. The US is so close to venezeula that it would not be profitable for them to send thier oil to places like china or japan. Also if they tried to diversfy thier markets it would be too hard. It is far cheaper to send all thier oil to one country than to send it to many. Its all economies of scale."

Me " ya funny because i could be wrong but if Iran and Iraq and russia can send oil the US and still turn a profit from it i am sure venezeula could send oil to china as the distances not so much different. As well unless Iran and venuzeula are sending the whole years worth of oil in one tanker i dont see how sending 100 tanker to several places is going to much more expensive than sending 100 tankers to the same place. Espeacially, if some of those places are closer as in the case of iran sending oil to china or japan."

Him "william sometimes i just dont understand you like. I got a degree in sport management i know bussines and i know read the newspaper everyday i am well informed. Like i know this stuff very well"

me in my mind " oh ya that degree in managing a sports team how could i forget you must a plethora of information on international economics. As well reading the sports section of the SUN each day must really enlighten you on a lot of subjects."

needless to say i have not had any interesting conversations inside my house for 4 months. I used to try to debate but i realized it was pointless. When people are so stupid that they cant even see how stupid they are it becomes frustrating. You end up becoming stupid by aruguing with them. I sometimes am so taken off gaurd by his comments that i dont even know where to begin and i am like ohhh fuck it. I dont want to waste my time.

i dont even want to get into my co workers.

swilly

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
my roomate thinks everything i say is just gold.
pure gold.

he also watches me while i sleep,
and i think he just installd a toilet cam.

:p

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Yeah I'm a tad curious in that regard as well, although i fear if you say its name three times it will return.

Converting a right winger into a lefty isn't anywhere near as meaningful as converting a left winger into the folds of the dark side.

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
Yeah I'm a tad curious in that regard as well, although i fear if you say its name three times it will return.

Converting a right winger into a lefty isn't anywhere near as meaningful as converting a left winger into the folds of the dark side.
Totally. First you gotta bait them with the "center-left" trap. Then it's just a matter of time.

But actually, if you get far left enough, you become a conservative wack job that wants to control how everyone thinks so you can instigate a mass revolution...and destroy those that oppose you, for how can anyone appose the Goals Of The Revolution, are you insane, off with your head!

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
SellyCat said:
But actually, if you get far left enough, you become a conservative wack job that wants to control how everyone thinks so you can instigate a mass revolution...and destroy those that oppose you, for how can anyone appose the Goals Of The Revolution, are you insane, off with your head!
this is pretty much what i got from Hayek's "road to serfdom"

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
gotta get me one of those, does South Africa still lease them or do I have to buy american?
Go Columbian. Mother fuckers are ROUGH! Mine is Israeli, but they're fucking expensive and I've woken up to red dots dancing around my bedroom on more than one occasion.

man_slut

TRIBE Member
LOL... I use to be the Special Events Manager which also entailed chaperoning and managing the sale reps... Man let me tell ya...

1) Sales guy: So Warren do you like blacks?
ME: Well... (doesn't get chance to finish sentence)
Sales guy: I can't stand Niggers! Hate em all! blah blah blah...

2) Sales Guy# 2: Fags and gay marriage are wrong. God wanted Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve...

3) Sales Guy #3 (THIS WAS NEAR THE END OF MY CAREER AS EVENTS MANAGER): I think Bush jr. will do a great job for American diplomacy.

ME: Really? How so?
Sales Guy #3: Because of his stance on social issues and terrorism...
ME: But he has a third grade vocabulary and his knowledge about the world is extremely limited and his administration is full of Chicken Hawks.
Sales Guy #3: Yeah but his home town demeanor will win over the global masses.
*I was too stunned to make any further comments and my good friend was able to jump in and change the subject.*

Shug

TRIBE Member
Sales Guy #3 didn't see the irony that Kubrick was trying to portray in Full Metal Jacket when he had the hard-ass field major say (while over a lyme pit full of dead Vietnamese):

We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every gook there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.

atbell

TRIBE Member
HotSauce said:
  • Stephen Harper is dedicated to protecting the environment (we don't need Kyoto, and he's earmarked money towards the development of new-age fuel cells)
  • The "ghettos" could be improved if they got jobs and paid rent and were forced to have flowerboxes
  • The Nazi regime in Germany wasn't all that bad in terms of their policies

More to come....
For posterity's sake, I will endeavour to record the next discussion.
This is great stuff. I'm going to take the flower box idea with me to the world urban forum to see if that's what's going to get rid of all the 3rd world slums.

I'll also see what Harper has to say about greening tomorrow! I'm going to have to bring a note pad for this one.

If you get a chance I would like to hear your roommates opinions on which specific policies of the Nazis weren't all that bad.

There is a part of me that wants to seek out conservatives just so I remember that other views (no matter how ... ah ... misguided) exist, there's another part of me that wants to seek out conservatives so I can write scripts for John Steward.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Mr. Magyar said:
I learned that francophones and immigrants don't pay taxes.

well yes and no, francophones pay taxes on there legitimate income, problem is that half of the women in quebec strip for money and thus don't declare it and most of the men work construction for the mafia and don't declare it. Its the hard hat stripper conundrum.

The quickest way for quebec to balance its books is to force all of its prostitutes and strippers to pay taxes.

artemis

TRIBE Member
A girl i had a conversation with today tried to insist that 'gay people have a mental illness, and should be treated in asulyms until they are right again'... hmm

I attempted to propose a couple of counteractive and logical arguments, but she wouldn't hear ANY of it. Never in my life have i seen a person less interested in learning or expaning their mind... whoa

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
artemis said:
A girl i had a conversation with today tried to insist that 'gay people have a mental illness, and should be treated in asulyms until they are right again'... hmm

I attempted to propose a couple of counteractive and logical arguments, but she wouldn't hear ANY of it. Never in my life have i seen a person less interested in learning or expaning their mind... whoa
she must have a mental illness for not thinking gay people dont have a mental illness. she shoudl be treated in an asylum. :D