• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What do you want for your birthday?

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Kindof a silly question, and really, sounds simple enough. There are many things that must be considered when attempting to answer such a silly and simple question.

Now, I'm not big on receiving gifts in the first place. So it kindof makes me squirm when asked... so I usually say nothing or say surprise me.

I wouldn't expect anyone to be able to buy me the things I actually want. Because if I want it, and dont have it already, then it's because it's too expensive for me. So I'd never imagine asking for something on my wish list to anyone who would normally buy me a present for my bday.

So in answering this question to my mom over the phone today, I told her "Just take me clothes shopping when I see you next" Because everytime I let her go out and find me something, it's usually something she found at zellers for 80% off because it's butt ugly and no one else in the world was willing to buy it and my mom just loves the idea that she's saving money.

SO! How do you answer that question? What's an acceptable answer to this complicated question?

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
What I actually want:

Laptop
New Inline Skates
New Car
Whole new Wardrobe
Trip to anywhere there is warm weather, blue water and a beach

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Snuffalupagus

TRIBE Member
I always ask my parents for a home cooked meal. That way I always enjoy my gift and it doesn't break anyones bank.

Wife - birthday hummer

Brother / Sister - beer

Friends - out for a mash up.

Everyone wins on my birthday!

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
april crew!! I just want a fun party, cake and beer, and ofcourse... the world under my heel! muhahahahahaha!

kuba

TRIBE Member
The Watcher said:
What I actually want:

Laptop
New Inline Skates
New Car
Whole new Wardrobe
ATTENTION CRI. PLEASE TAKE NOTES.

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
I have no idea what I really want. I can think of a million little things. Usually I end up asking for random things I actually need rather than things I just want.

One year I asked my brother for a mop and a bucket. I figured he wasn't going to spend more than $30 so I might as well get something I need that's under $30 rather than something I don't need.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Alright...

MOM!!! send me the money for the car you sold without my permission by signing my name on the ownership without my knoweldge.

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
The Watcher said:
What I actually want:

Laptop
New Inline Skates
New Car
Whole new Wardrobe

Hey.. that's what I want sans the inline skates.

I also want an oyster bonanza

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
kuba said:
ATTENTION CRI. PLEASE TAKE NOTES.
Hahaha. She already treats me like gold. And has taken me on a vacation for my bday 2 years ago... So, yeah, I'm askin her for some Hummer Gift Certificates :p

But if she really wanted, I'm also in the market for an XBOX360 :D

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
* clutchmasters stage 1 clutch
* AEM fuel rail/regulator
* wilwood/AEM big brake kit
* or if those are too pricey, then maybe a nice shift boot/ebrake handle.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
I don't get what I want this year, but I certainly couldn't expect to.

Unfortunately there's about 3000km between us, making my biggest birthday wish a little on the impossible side right now. Gonna have to wait until May.

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
My birthday just passed. My friends threw me an early surprise birthday party last month because I was really stressed which was such an awesome thing for them to do. Just knowing that they care so much was enough of a gift. :)
My friends/family know me well enough that they don't have to ask. I'm with the Watcher on this, if there's something I want I'll buy it for myself, I care more about the sentimental crap (and cake).

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I'VE WANTED 2 CHICKS FOR THE LONGEST TIME BUT THE WIFE KEEPS SAYING NO
and I can't get her drunk enough to say yes:D

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
The Watcher said:
So in answering this question to my mom over the phone today, I told her "Just take me clothes shopping when I see you next" Because everytime I let her go out and find me something, it's usually something she found at zellers for 80% off because it's butt ugly and no one else in the world was willing to buy it and my mom just loves the idea that she's saving money.

SO! How do you answer that question? What's an acceptable answer to this complicated question?
HA HA omg Nick, your mom an my mom should like totally be friends ;) :p

my mom called me at work Monday to tell me she was just down the street at my Auntie Marg's and she had picked me up a few things... at Walmart.

...now I don't normally have any issues with Walmart, as a matter of fact I've found some pretty nice sweaters / work blouses from their George line. But this is my Mom after all.

me: :0 ooooh, thanks mom. :eek:

Mom: well I just picked you up a few tops and a couple pairs of....ready....COTTON PANTS (I'm totally thinking spandex at this point)

Mom makes the trek up to my work, the tops - not so bad, I kept two - the pants on the other hand a white pair and a tourqois pair. mmmm, no. Bless her heart, she thought they'd be great 'summer' pants. And they would, if they were 3" longer and I were 20 years older.

*edit: that doesn't answer what I want for my birthday but it's 5 months away and I can't think of anything.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories