1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

What do you listen to on the way to school/work?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by The Watcher, Feb 19, 2004.

1. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

I listen to the radio every morning on my way to work.

I listen to Jack(Where's my grand?)

I also listen to the buffalo station and get Howard Stern in the morning. SOOO GOOD sometimes. But the reception is only good on the Gardiner/QEW. Any more north and it fuzzes out.

And also, I listen to Z103.5 sometimes, cuz their morning show is a little crazy at times.

I only listen to CD's on the way home for some reason.

2. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

3. Brandon

Brandon TRIBE Member

Mixtapes on the way to work, downloaded DJ sets on my computer at work, and mixtapes on the way home from work.

During tribe music review season, I listen to mix CDs at work.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2004
  4. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Idiots on the TTC talking.

5. OhNo!

OhNo! TRIBE Member

Stern.

6. IgStar

IgStar TRIBE Member

today?

The Immaculate Collection - Madonna

yesterday - The Cures Greatest Hits

tomorrow - ??? depends what I am feeling

7. depraved

depraved TRIBE Member

The voices in my head. They don't like it when I talk about them though.
    REDRUM REDRUM

8. Agatka8

Agatka8 TRIBE Member

Eiffel 65 :p

All we need is one GOAL!!!

9. Moez

Moez TRIBE Member

It depends...

If I am walking I may just bring my cellphone as it has a built in radio. If I am taking the subway I usually listen to c.d.s. Occasionally I get the urge to pull out old mixtapes and use my walkman. :D

Usually I listen to CBC classical, or the Edge (I know, not the best. but meh... it wakes me up in the morning.)

10. junglegirl

junglegirl TRIBE Member

I listen to my minidisk - the disks contain a mix of punk, EMO :p, hiphop and Jungle.

11. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

On the way to work, I need to hear JUNGLE JUNGLE and more JUNGLE with the bass pumping and the windows rattling.. it's the only way really.

After work, I'll sometimes listen to CBC radio if i'm not in the mood for music, otherwise it's more jungle.

12. tablist

tablist TRIBE Member

This morning it was all about Metallica "Master Of Puppets", and on the way home it'll be Quasimoto "The Unseen".

13. chipotle

chipotle Well-Known TRIBEr

on my minidisc

On my way out:

nothing.. I usually read the newspaper.

in the way back (either one of this lately):

Infusion essential mix ..this mix is infreakingcredible!
    Craig Richards essential mix live from Fabric.
    This mix totally rocks.
    and lately.

Way Out West's last album.. can't remember the name. It is the one with intensify, the fall, mindcircus..etc etc.. So so good.

14. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

Satoshi Tomei... SICK

15. opium_souldjah

opium_souldjah TRIBE Member

on my way to work this morning, Lazy Dog vol 2 and on my way home today I might listen to Cold Play - Rush of Blood to the Head

16. Littlest Hobo

Littlest Hobo TRIBE Member

I love radio. I'd love to be a host!

Driving to work: Mojo and 680. I stop listening to Mojo when they talk about the Leafs, which is quite often. Talking about sports on the radio is quite silly to me.

Driving with the gf: music stations.

Home: CBC, 96.3, what sounds cool.

Work: I listen to dl'ed mixes!

17. I_bRAD

I_bRAD TRIBE Member

"Metro Morning" on CBC #1

18. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

I got sick of Mojo once they made Landsberg a daily addition to the show.. i'd like to punch that motherfucker in the lip!
    I refuse to listen to that station anymore. (unless i'm in the car during a leafs game)

19. Littlest Hobo

Littlest Hobo TRIBE Member

Landsberg is a whiny jerk. I’ve seen him several times at my local Shoppers; he’s a puny little man, maybe 5’6”, 140#.

I could take him. :D

20. *SiLver*RoBoT*

*SiLver*RoBoT* TRIBE Member

99.1 - Jazz Station...especially in the morning.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

21. Alita

Alita TRIBE Member

I've had Autechre's Amber album in my discman for the past week.

Rotation usually switches up at least once a week though....I'm thinking Aphex is due for a comeback :) My ears have missed him

22. Snapper

Snapper TRIBE Member

What kinda Satoshi Tomiie?

I listened to the Undulation CD, sucked ass! Nonetheless, I can't wait for this Sat.

23. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

I'v been using my sis's discman all week and I must admit I've been missing out. I can't believe I've gone so many years with out a walkman after my sony cassette walkman died. Damn. It's awsome! I don't have to hear nasty coughing and annoying talking on the streetcar any more.

I've been listening to Craig David. I love his voice. Makes me get a warm tingle.

24. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

That little fag called me Eminem, when he was in town, Janine used to work at that shoppers...

pr0nstar

25. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

Q107 or CFRB 1010.