• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What do you get your man on Valentines Day???

lucky1

TRIBE Member
we are still paying off the wedding, and planning on buying house so we are not supposed to buy each other stuff. But instead of taking a trip out west we are booking a snowboard weekend at Holiday Valley (supposed to be nice) and I got him some red jelly belly's, some gag type gift that is a box of cards (like trivial pursuit) and each card has a suggestion for a "date night" to keep the marriage alive ;). Oh and I got an extra copy of the wedding photo book I made for our parents that I'm going to wrap up too.

skyparty

TRIBE Member
My answer "nothing".

We don't "do" Valentine's Day. Even if I did, I would never expect it from him. My man proposed to me over wings and beer at a local pub. Romantic is not in his vocabulary.

I wouldn't mind a small token of love this year though, and not just because it's Valentine's Day, but because I just had a baby and it was a complicated birth. I kind of want some kind of treat. I feel I deserve it. I'd kill for a pedicure, or something

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
i'm not getting him a gift (i think valentine's day is lame-town) - i really hope he's not planning on getting me anything cos i don't want anything!! we're going out for dinner, but not on the actual day and that is more than enough for me.

Ilia

TRIBE Member
We are going to a beach house for a day next week.. just to hang out for the day and enjoy each other. Nothing fancy and we have agreed no gifts to exchange.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
We went to look at a house, it was very diheartening! :( It was so small! and so expensive and needed to be a total gut, with second floor put on, or else it was smaller then our current small one bed condo! Not sure how we are going to find a house we can afford.

then we went to home depot and picked up a vanity my husband had pre-ordered to install in his condo to get it ready to go on the market.

But at this rate I'm scared of selling and not finding any where to move!

erika

TRIBE Member
Both my sweetie and I have bad colds, so I was resigned to us each spending valentine's in our own places. When I got home, there were flowers waiting for me, he was there, and had ordered dinner for us, so we sniffled our Valentine's together - he's too sweet <3