1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

What do those vegan people give kiddies on Halloween?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Oct 31, 2009.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

I have always wondered... Vegans didn't exist when I was trick or treating back in the tetra-dactyl period....

I sure would have hated to get a carrot or some soya beans! But do they actually give anything or do they just shot of their lights and pretend not to be home....

2. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Well, there's chips, cornuts and other salty things. Apples? Nuts?
    I hated candy as a kid so I always traded for salty stuff.

3. Mrs. Pink

Mrs. Pink TRIBE Member

i dated a vegan for a longtime.....and chips were like crack for her. That and icing sugar...i'd watch her eat a whole tin of icing sugar while we would watch a movie.

AND SHE WAS TINY....the weirdest thing.....

4. alexd

she might have been barfing up the icing sugar & chips on the DL

5. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

• chips
    • raisins
    • nuts
    • chocolate
    • pretzels
    • caramel corn
    • money
    • decorative gourds

apples are guaranteed to get thrown out without being eaten. even if the kid likes apples.

6. Mrs. Pink

Mrs. Pink TRIBE Member

i highly doubt it, she was a pretty healthy girl...really active, but i suppose anything could be possible....

i had never in my life watched anyone eat so many potatoes....mashed, sliced, diced, baked, pancakes, fries.....

7. alexd

Next year I am giving away decorative gourds and will keep the Spongebob Crabby Patty gummies all to myself!

8. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

9. screamy

screamy TRIBE Member

I didn't realize that vegans refused to give out chocolate because it contained milk. I thought they just didn't *eat* it because it contains milk.

(which is okay with me, because it means more for my belly!!)

Am I wrong? I sure as hell wouldn't let my kid eat some random stranger's produce. Even if it was organic.
    :p

10. derek

derek TRIBE Member

turnip

11. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

You can give out Halloween pencils and goodies other than candy.

12. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

13. Lysistrata

Lysistrata Well-Known TRIBEr

i remember always getting at least one apple a year. and hating whoever gave it to me.