• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What do ppl in other countries eat for breakfast??

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
I was just making my usual toast with swiss cheese and noticed that some other people in my office have soup for brekkie and kinda thought that was kinda cool.

what kinds of things did you grow up eating for breakfast that wasn't typically north american?
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
I'm one of the horrible few who don't eat before noon. Generally I skip breakfast nine times out of ten. The traditional breakfast at home was fairly light. It was generally a thin rye sandwich with cured ham and a thin slice of Dutch cheese.

The more formal family breakfast was basically the same. cold cuts and cheeses along with simple breads and maybe raisin bread and or hard boiled eggs.


When I'm trying to impress a young lady who has 'joined' me for breakfast I go for the crepe with fruit and yogurt. When I have the opportunity to plan for it she usually gets the smoked salmon/poached eggs/hollandaise sauce combo. But that’s pretty much the only time I actually eat breakfast.
 

wineandboogie

TRIBE Member
in less than two weeks i'll be havin' black pudding, white pudding,sausages, eggs,rashers(bacon) fried tomato, toast and tea, as often as i can get it.

once a day for sure. add that to the tons of guinness, and we're lookin at a nice paunch for the spring!
 

stanimal

TRIBE Member
When I was travelling, I had met these Danish girls who did not like anything hot for breakfast (except for toast). The thought of having eggs or bacon or sausages was absolutely disgusting to them.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kyfe

TRIBE Member
stanimal said:
When I was travelling, I had met these Danish girls who did not like anything hot for breakfast (except for toast). The thought of having eggs or bacon or sausages was absolutely disgusting to them.
yeah that was the case in Amsterdam, the only thing hot was the coffee
 

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:
yeah that was the case in Amsterdam, the only thing hot was the coffee

yeah the dutch really don't do the full on meal for breakfast. Generally it is a coffee and a thin slice of something like toast.
 

deevah

TRIBE Member
chinese brekkie - aside from dimsum, we still do eggs and sausages/ham. Bacon is rare. Oatmeal is common (but not the lumpy kind, usually made w/ lots of milk, sometimes w/ a egg stirred in).

- condensed milk toast (peanut butter can be added)
- bbq pork on rice w/ fried egg
- congee
- macaroni in soup w/ various toppings (eggs & ham, chicken & preserved veggie, luncheon meat, etc...)
- noodle soups
- various buns (steamed or baked)
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Traditionally?
Ya, Deevah pretty much covered it.

We eat those long deep-friend buns that are like croissants. You eat it with congee.
And lots of Chinese tea of course. Instead of coffee.
 

swilly

TRIBE Member
In korea kim chee and rice

in Japan

Miso soup, grilled fish and rice


or usually just rice and the soup.

I usually have miso soup and rice and kim chee for lunch though
 

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
wineandboogie said:
in less than two weeks i'll be havin' black pudding, white pudding,sausages, eggs,rashers(bacon) fried tomato, toast and tea, as often as i can get it.

once a day for sure. add that to the tons of guinness, and we're lookin at a nice paunch for the spring!
mmmm i want a fry-up now too!
 

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
nothing better than leftover sweet and sour pork first thing in the morning.
really takes care of the shakes too.
comfort food.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

deevah

TRIBE Member
wineandboogie said:
in less than two weeks i'll be havin' black pudding, white pudding,sausages, eggs,rashers(bacon) fried tomato, toast and tea, as often as i can get it.
after the 3rd day of traditional irish breakfast, my arteries were strangling themselves with the morning alarm...
 

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
On days I have time I go full out and pull out the thick sliced bacon, some eggs and make my own hash browns.... I love this meal in the morning, but it takes time. I also like the chocolate chip pancakes with bacon and drizzle all the pancakes and bacon with maple syrup.
 

chris craig

TRIBE Member
Jamaican traditional breakfast consists of Ackee, Saltfish, fried dumplings, fried plantains, hardough bread, callaloo, coffee, mint or regular tea, ovaltine, milo....oh this is sooooo good, can't wait for good friday as this is what I will definatley be eatings at moms.....
 

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
chris craig said:
Jamaican traditional breakfast consists of Ackee, Saltfish, fried dumplings, fried plantains, hardough bread, callaloo, coffee, mint or regular tea, ovaltine, milo....oh this is sooooo good, can't wait for good friday as this is what I will definatley be eatings at moms.....

okay wait a second, how does that differ from the traditional jamaican lunch or dinner with the exception of the beer?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top