• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What are you looking forward to?

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
Just bought concert tickets to see Puscifer, A Perfect Circle and Failure in Los Angeles in May at the Greek Theatre. It's an event called Cinquanta to celebrate Maynard James Keenan (Tool/APC/Puscifer frontman)'s 50th Birthday. I'm hyped for it because I've loved the LA band Failure for ages but they broke up in '97 and this will be their second reunion show. It's going to be the likely final event on a weeklong road trip through the US southwest with my brother who will be flying in from Vancouver while I fly from Toronto. Fucking stoked!!! :)

But...what are you looking forward to?

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
^ I would be looking forward to that show too. Add Tool to the mix and I'd weep tears of joy.

I am looking forward to my road trip from Vancouver to LA in May with my brother and sister-in-law for our cousin's wedding, particularly for Venice Beach.

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
Awaiting Christmas vacation and all the drinking and good times with family that ensue. This is the first year we are bringing our families together under our roof and making the Christmas dinner.

After that and NYE, it will be a couple months of cold and snow until my vacation in Mexico!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
Failure! I haven't heard that name in years. They opened for Tool at my first ever concert when I was an angry teen. I used to like them a lot.

I am looking forward to being settled in to my new place. The logistics of moving around New Year's Day are really fucking annoying. And packing is annoying in the midst of work, school and Christmas shopping. So I am pretty excited to be unpacked and settled.

I also cannot tell you how excited I am for it to be 5:30 pm tomorrow.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am looking forward to seeing my hibiscuses in South Africa and treasure hunting the beaches on the KZN coast.

Lojack

TRIBE Member
Tomorrow, due to enforced vacation. Apparently I have too many weeks, so I'm taking a few days off for each the first few weeks of December, then a big break until the new year. The upside to being a workaholic, I guess. Except I still have a lot of work to do. So I'll probably work at home. Hmmm..

alison87

TRIBE Member
I'm looking forward to my most expensive long weekend ever, when i fly back to Canada for 3 days so i can do the citizenship interview i had expected to be scheduled 6 months ago. If i fail it because i am currently living overseas i am gonna go Roddy Piper on that interviewer's ass and see how Canadian s/he thinks i am then. I'll be in town to kick ass and eat poutine and i don't think it's a stretch to say the Mississauga CIC office will be all out of poutine. Meanwhile this will be 3 days after New Year's Eve and the final nights of the KaterHolzig, from where i will be departing directly to the airport. And when i arrive back in Berlin i'll be done with onboarding and will kick off my first month as a "real" employee. 2014 is going to be nuts. I'm also looking forward to brunch this weekend with an ex-colleague who is briefly in town from Australia. And boy do i need to color my hair. Roots suck. (No, Mr Immigration Officer, not the Canadian brand.)

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Just bought concert tickets to see Puscifer, A Perfect Circle and Failure in Los Angeles in May at the Greek Theatre. It's an event called Cinquanta to celebrate Maynard James Keenan (Tool/APC/Puscifer frontman)'s 50th Birthday. I'm hyped for it because I've loved the LA band Failure for ages but they broke up in '97 and this will be their second reunion show. It's going to be the likely final event on a weeklong road trip through the US southwest with my brother who will be flying in from Vancouver while I fly from Toronto. Fucking stoked!!! :)

But...what are you looking forward to?
absolutely love Puscifier ! excellent, im jealous dood.

hrrrmmm what am i looking forward to....

1. work xmas party tonight ( they are tons of fun + free booze )
  2. new winter commuter bike as i dont like my current one, so once it sells having fun shopping.
  3. Brother visiting from NYC over holidays
  4. Author Live at the Suma Winter Solstice party.
  5. time off and snowboarding when the hills open.
  6. Costa Rica Volcano, waterfall, hot springs, cloudforest, zipline, repelling, horse riding and tons of playing in manuel antonio beaches adventure trip.( None resorts )

thats all for now.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Small things:
Friday at 5pm..the weekend and sleeping in
Saturday hockey night in Canada
buying a small xmas tree for the condo

Big things:
Getting along with my family one day
New car arriving in march
MuskokariverX race in September 2014...130km 24 hour paddle race!

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
I'm looking forward to going 'home' for a bit more than 3 weeks. We leave for Canada on the 19th and don't fly back to Belgium until the 11th of January.

I'm also looking forward to having a full allotment of vacation days next year. I had 'only' 20 this year, 34 next year :D

rentboy

TRIBE Member
absolutely love Puscifier ! excellent, im jealous dood.

hrrrmmm what am i looking forward to....

1. work xmas party tonight ( they are tons of fun + free booze )
  2. new winter commuter bike as i dont like my current one, so once it sells having fun shopping.
  3. Brother visiting from NYC over holidays
  4. Author Live at the Suma Winter Solstice party.
  5. time off and snowboarding when the hills open.
  6. Costa Rica Volcano, waterfall, hot springs, cloudforest, zipline, repelling, horse riding and tons of playing in manuel antonio beaches adventure trip.( None resorts )

thats all for now.
Nice list Jai :)

I'm excited to get a breather over xmas. See family and just chill.
Hitting up Nicaragua with the lady late-Jan for a much needed excursion/exploration.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Nice list Jai :)

I'm excited to get a breather over xmas. See family and just chill.
Hitting up Nicaragua with the lady late-Jan for a much needed excursion/exploration.

NICE !!! Nicaragua is on my list of other places to visit ! cant wait to hear about it, we will be about a month after you guys in CR.

during some of that downtime we should coordinate some hangouts, food and drinks !

rentboy

TRIBE Member
NICE !!! Nicaragua is on my list of other places to visit ! cant wait to hear about it, we will be about a month after you guys in CR.

during some of that downtime we should coordinate some hangouts, food and drinks !
Yeah man, I've been thinking about it :)

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Short term - spending the holidays with my family at my parents place. 2 more weeks of work and then off for the better part of two weeks.

My wife, daughter and I will be going to see my parents and brother and sister and their kids for four days. I can't even recall the last time we were all together for more than a weekend, so it's going to be great.

Long term - planning some type of family vacation. Could be Europe, possibly a top shelf all inclusive, or maybe even another trip back to Disney.

No matter what the final decision, planning and researching for a vacation is so much fun.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
hm... good question!
i tend to not "look forward" to anything lately for fear of being disappointed. sad eh?

short term:
- x-mas party (with childcare included!) on Sunday.
- a nice drama-free x-mas (my fam & my hubby = oil & water, boo) since my 'rents are x-massing in Mexico
- Holiday decorating with my little family
- A REAL TREE!
- first x-mas for new baby daughter, first "i understand what's going on" x-mas for my son

long term:
- networking opportunities in the hopes of finding really interesting work up here in Sudbury
- really hoping my hubs finds an electrical co-op this summer!