• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What are you having for dinner?

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
SHOCKINGLY good chicken curry made from scratch using a recipe from a coworker...as good or better than any I've had out.

Thanks Parul! :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member

Insanely Good Oxtail Stew
from Jamie Oliver
Yield

Ingredients

U.S. METRIC
5-1/2 lb. oxtail, chopped into 4 cm chunks (ask your butcher to do this)
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
olive oil
2 leeks
2 stalks of celery
4 carrots
a few sprigs of fresh thyme
a few sprigs of fresh rosemary
4 fresh bay leaves
4 cloves
2 heaped tbsp. plain flour
2 400 g. tins of plum tomatoes
1/3 qt. porter
1 litre organic beef stock
Worcestershire sauce

Looks like this recipe is no longer up on JO's website.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
huh, ok... anyways

Tonight I whipped me up some boeuf bourgignoun poutine!

little beef cubes, seered up, with some bourgignoun gravy, and some home-cut russet potato fries done the Belgian way, of course.
Threw on some chucks of feta cheese, and hey, good to go.
Scarfed that down.
That being said, a rather time-intensive meal, this one.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
well, with after making a full blown turkey, comes new different ways to mix up the leftovers.

Tonight - Turkey poutine!. shredded roasted turkey breast, with a demi-glace dark gravy on crumpled feta cheese and homespun belgian cooked fries.

scarfed that down.

(Highly recommended)

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
My favourite turkey leftover recipe is turkey handpies. Basically make up a turkey pot pie filling with white sauce, carrots, peas, celery and such and then wrap it up in empanada dough and fry it.

Yesterday I made up a batch of homemade spaghetti sauce. Homemade down to I killed it, dragged it out of the woods and butchered it and we grew the tomatoes and herbs etc.

Tonight I'm making roast beef on a whim so it will probably be late. Top sirloin with garlic/rosemary crust. Roast funny looking yellow potatoes, beets and green beans from the garden. And gravy.

Tomorrow I'm going to make up a batch of sausages. that pig just keeps on givin. I bet there's still another 30lbs of meat out in the freezer at least, and we've been working on it since the summer

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
Fully aware that I could just google and find out what some "lucky" dishes people serve on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day to ring in the brand new calendar year.

Tribers, do any of you have dishes that are a part of your own superstitious rituals for bringing good luck to the new year? :D

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Well, last night I tried to make a turkey biryani cuz I had the Indian spice mix here, and honestly, it came out kinda m'eh.

Think next time I do homemade Indian I'll just stick with the Pataks. Can't go wrong with that goo

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Casa Del Federko iz starting to smell great right now

When a butcher eats a salad, it tends to contain lots of meat and few vegetables. At Chez Navarre Jerome Navarre serves a version he learned from his father, a butcher.

INGREDIENTS

Braised beef:
4 pounds cross-cut beef shank pieces with bone (each about 2 inches thick)
1 to 1 1/4 pounds beef short ribs
2 large leeks, white and pale green parts only, split lengthwise
2 large celery stalks, halved
1 large carrot, peeled
12 whole black peppercorns
8 whole allspice berries
6 large fresh thyme sprigs
5 large fresh Italian parsley sprigs
1 Turkish bay leaf
3 garlic cloves, peeled
12 cups (or more) cold water
Steamed vegetables:
3 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, quartered
8 large carrots, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces

PREPARATION

For braised beef:
Arrange beef shank and ribs in bottom of very large pot. Top with leeks, celery, and carrot. Scatter spices, herbs, and garlic over. Pour in 12 cups cold water (or more if needed just to cover). Sprinkle lightly with salt. Bring to gentle boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered until meat is very tender, adjusting heat as necessary to maintain simmer and avoid boiling, 2 3/4 to 3 hours. Season broth with additional salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool 1 hour at room temperature. Chill uncovered until cold, then cover and keep chilled. Spoon off any fat and return to simmer to rewarm before serving.

For steamed vegetables:
Steam potatoes until tender, 18 to 20 minutes; transfer to large bowl. Steam carrots until tender, 8 to 10 minutes; add to bowl with potatoes. Reserve steamer. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Resteam potatoes and carrots until heated through, about 8 minutes.
Using tongs, transfer meat to work surface. Slice meats thickly or cut into pieces. Arrange warm meats on large platter. Arrange steamed vegetables alongside.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
Holy shit. Using old photos but you get the point.

I made that green thai curry soup on the weekend WITH nice, thick slices of oven roasted pork belly:

After the pork belly is done, if the crackling is too hard to eat, chop it into 1" pieces and throw it in the soup to soften. Holy shit is it ever amazing.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
I bought a haggis from Allen's Scottish Butcher. It was pretty good and I am going use the leftovers to stuff in whatever poultry looks good at the grocery store for dinner tonight.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories