• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What are you having for dinner?

futronic

TRIBE Member
have you had the ribeye from GrillTime on Laird?
Grill Bill has some nice meats there and we LOVE his ribeyes - they're a cottage weekend staple for us!
think i might pick some up this week!
No, I haven't been there (or heard of the place, actually). Laird is far for me though, as I don't have a car. How long is he aging his beef for?

Lately I've been buying most of my meat from Sanagan's (and some still from Whitehouse, but it depends where I am on a given day).

-- Jay aka Fut

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
No, I haven't been there (or heard of the place, actually). Laird is far for me though, as I don't have a car. How long is he aging his beef for?
-- Jay aka Fut
not sure how long he ages it. i'll ask next time i'm in.
he also has this amazing flattened brined chicken that is expensive but worth every penny.
oh and he has a grill in the shop, and a small lunch menu. i've had the steak sandwich was fantastic. apparently if you get a group of 6 - 8 people together he'll open the shop up for an evening and cook for you and let you sample a bunch of stuff. super nice guy - happy to give him my business.

futronic

TRIBE Member
Cool. Sounds totally like the type of business I enjoy supporting. If I'm in the area at some point (or have a car), I'll check it out.

-- Jay aka Fut

erika

TRIBE Member
Sigh
L'Escarbille I love you
First some amuse-bouche that included these little sort of cheese sticks infused with cardamom and a miniature braised onion tart
Then lobster tartare style with a carpaccio of celery root
Followed by turbot on a lemony emulsion that was to die for (and I love getting a sauce "spoon") on braised endives
Washed down by a Beaunes premier cru 2006
Then chocolate "truffles" more like minature crepe spheres of chocolate with cocoa nibs, alongside a vanilla creme and a little "cornet" (miniature cone?) of salted caramel
Then as we waited for the bill a trio of canelet (a Brodeaux specialty), a sort of caramel and a fruit confit
The service so incredibly impeccable and full of care and not pompous and rockstar
I love this place.....

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
Tonight we're having BBQ'ed ribeye steak (from the Friendly Butcher on the Danforth - first time buying from them).
With it, we'll have sweet potato fries and green salad.
I always love the simplicity and deliciousness of a good steak frites. Can't wait!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
1/2 a Pork Burrito from Chino Locos. I had the other half for lunch. If I eat a whole one in one sitting I feel like Jabba The Hut.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I'm having an Australian shiraz followed by 2 Belgian tall boys, topped off with two tall boys of Blue. A few Dutch beverages for back ups in case I don't pass out by then.

-jM
A&D

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Grilled pork chops rubbed with garam marsala and braised kale with chiles and garlic.

-- Jay aka Fut

I should give you a bit of this excellent masala I bring back from Durban to try. It is moist and comes in jars that you have to refrigerate. scrum delish tasty.

futronic

TRIBE Member
I should give you a bit of this excellent masala I bring back from Durban to try. It is moist and comes in jars that you have to refrigerate. scrum delish tasty.
Sounds like the mole I brought back from Mexico City and Puebla! I'd be happy to take some off your hands if you have extra.

-- Jay aka Fut

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
^^

hey asshole, i had roasted cornish hen + sauteed mush and dark chicken jus for lunch today. then i had half a bottle of century reserve rye for dinner. had some fruli strawberry for dessert. yay vay-cay. tomorrow Degustation Menu @ Joël Robuchon sucka!

boom.

sk8

TRIBE Member
Maya's birthday dinner with all her favourite foods:

smoked salmon, olives, chicken, brie, cucumbers, broccoli, grape tomatoes, hummus...

and strawberry cake for dessert

a successful third birthday dinner!