• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What are you having for dinner?

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Thank you.

Will definitely do that next time. I just sauted with onion and garlic then did the cream thing. Could've used more garlic I think but it turned out pretty good for not knowing what i was doing.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Wednesday night I made salmon chowder.

Last night I made spanakopita - the cooks illustrated recipe except I use frozen spinach because it's cheaper and less fuss to cook with. Contrary to what the article says, frozen spinach instead of fresh is just fine thankyouverymuch.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Hi Leo

Frozen spinach is really convenient. It is frozen in blocks like ice cube size, so I just take a few from the box, put them in the microwave in a covered container (or a ceramic bowl with a saucer on top as a lid like i use) on defrost for a minute or so. Then press it between a few paper towels to take out the extra water and add it to your dish at the end. You just need to cook it to heat it up because it's already cooked.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
wow noone eating lately?

little ceasars pizza for dinner tonight :D

we had some sweet potato beef fried up thing from some magazine last night, it was good, and thats saying alot cause i dont really like sweet potatoes.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
little ceasars pizza for dinner tonight :D
I had spinach rapini lasagne last night, but the servings I had left were smallish so I made "garlic bread" to go with, the little caesar's crazy bread was my inspiration. It turned out I used too much dough with not enough salt so it wasn't quite as tasty as it could have been... but I needed to make breadcrumbs anyhow so I used up the rest of that and now I've got some great garlic breadcrumbs in the freezer. "breadcrumbs! breadcrumbs!"

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
speaking of dough - i made pizza dough, for the first time, in my bread maker (last friday) and i'm such a jackass since it's so fucking easy - why have i never done this before now? duh.

the boy got a kick out of choosing his own toppings and watching his own little pizza bake in the oven - too bad he still wouldn't eat it. what kid doesn't like pizza :confused:

sk8

TRIBE Member
The breadmaker is the best for pizza dough! I do that all the time - the girls love decorating their own pizzas. Such different styles too - Elissa very carefully rips everything into small pieces so it's evenly distributed. Maya makes a giant pile in the middle and eats the cheese before it gets to the pizza.

Tonight for us is cajun fish with potatoes and corn-cucumber salsa

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Wednesday night I made pan roasted chicken breasts with sherry-dill-cream sauce, braised collard greens and rice pilaf.

Last night I made pizza with bacon, soprasetta and onions and spicy tomato sauce.

I don't have a breadmaker, but I usually use the food processor for pizza dough if I'm just making one pizza (more than that bogs it down) Sometimes if I'm already using the stand mixer to make something else I might use that as well- faster cleanup than the processor but slower making the dough. Or if I'm feeling rustic I might do it by hand but that doesn't happen very often these days!

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Last night we had Ted's arctic char, pan fried with a cornmeal/lemon coating, rice pilaf and two colour corn. That fish is so good... too bad it's priced in the "treat" category, but worth what they charge for it.

Tonight I'm making burgers on the BBQ for the first time of the year.

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
Grilled ribeye. Rapini with garlic and chiles. Wine.

Lazy night at my house.

-- Jay aka Fut
have you had the ribeye from GrillTime on Laird?
Grill Bill has some nice meats there and we LOVE his ribeyes - they're a cottage weekend staple for us!
think i might pick some up this week!

sk8

TRIBE Member
tonight we're having a slow cooker beef stew - perfect with the snowy blowiness out there.

Tomorrow is Maya's birthday. For dinner she has chosen broccoli, cucumber and fruit.