Here is the recipe I've used in the past:
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 3 to 4 Italian sausages (optional)
• 900-mL carton chicken or vegetable broth or 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
• 28- oz (796- mL) can plum tomatoes
• 19- oz (540- mL) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• 4 cups (1 L) chopped kale or 6 cups (1.5 L) baby spinach
• 2 bay leaves
• 1 tsp (5 mL) each dried thyme and oregano leaves
• Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Tonight I made Georgian Bay whitefish, poached in a zesty tomato stew.
That carbonara must be ridiculously delicious - it seems to be a weekly staple. I'd be 400lbs if I ate that on a regular basis.
I bought some pumpkin filled pasta and I can't think of what type of sauce to make with it. Any ideas?