• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What are you having for dinner?

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
homemade club sandwich. fresh chicken breast and turkey bacon on a toasted bagel with lots of mayo and lettuce, with a bit of ketchup for dippin.

so damn good.

kuba

TRIBE Member
korean bbq = kalbi and bulgogi (sp?) with some grilled zucchini, sweet potatoes roasted in the oven, and rabe. with salad. yum! can't wait.

[SQUARE]

TRIBE Member
Gonna have an oktoberfest meal but I'm not much of a meat eater (I dont eat red meat) so I'm thinking its not going to go well. Mmmm sausage and cabbage rolls with pork along with veal. Oh ya.

kat

TRIBE Member
phils bbq tonight! woo!

last night i had a fancy dinner:
drunk pizza in bed. ooh la la

last good homecooked dinner i had was at janies. mm skinamon chicken.

[waves to dinner thread]

im doing meal-planning this weekend. hopefully we shall meet again..
[single tear]

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by [SQUARE]
Gonna have an oktoberfest meal but I'm not much of a meat eater (I dont eat red meat) so I'm thinking its not going to go well. Mmmm sausage and cabbage rolls with pork along with veal. Oh ya.

You don't consider Pork and Veal red meat?

vox

TRIBE Member
last night i ate dinner at my da's which apparently usually is a mixed bag (according to my siblings, last time they got burgies, salmon, potato salad, devilled eggs, and lamb curry!?)

tonight is going to be big mouth kee up in markham...full report to come.

and ding tai fung shanghai dimsum for lunch!!!

[SQUARE]

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by I_bRAD
You don't consider Pork and Veal red meat?

Yes I consider them red meat. I was actually being sarcastic. I bought the ticket for an oktoberfest event which included dinner but didn't look into the menu until yesterday. I did end up eating some of the cabbage roll just cause I paid 20 dollars for the ticket so I wanted to get my money's worth. Was pretty gross though.

xsre

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by [SQUARE]
Yes I consider them red meat. I was actually being sarcastic. I bought the ticket for an oktoberfest event which included dinner but didn't look into the menu until yesterday. I did end up eating some of the cabbage roll just cause I paid 20 dollars for the ticket so I wanted to get my money's worth. Was pretty gross though.

I don't consider pork to be red meat. Mostly because it's not red, like beef or veal.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by xsre
I don't consider pork to be red meat. Mostly because it's not red, like beef or veal.

They market it as "The other white meat" But I know plenty of people who will eat red meat, but don't eat Pork. I like pork.

Last night I made "Lambsange" and I hear it was good but I have a cold so I'm not sure. To go with that I made a huge (2.5lbs!) crusty Italian loaf.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
last night i was initiated into the Phil's Original BBQ club!!
i really, really enjoyed myself. the staff were awesome and the service is soooo quick!
i had the small order of ribs, and shared an order of potato salad.
i normally never like baked beans, but i really loved their beans!
everything i ate was super duper tasty. i will definitely be returning.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
my 1st and only visit, i had some kind of half chicken platter with ribs and beans.
i then dove into the pulled pork dish.
i could barely walk.
gotta hit that place again soon.
im thinking, my birfday.

vox

TRIBE Member
yesterday at dimsum i had too many potstickers and soupy pork buns and beef buns.

last night for dinner we got pizza from the za za and ate a pumpkin pie from dominion with SPRAY CAN WHIPPED CREAM. at least it wasn't cool whip or the reddi-whip "edible oil product".

tonight is the BIG DAY. i'm hosting my fam for thanksgiving dinner, and we're having:

turkey
gravy
sausage sage stuffing
cheddar sage biscuits
cauliflower gratin with horseradish crumb topping
mashed potatoes
peas
sweet potato pecan pie
pumpkin cheesecake with pumpkin seed brittle

i've been prepping all week and i'm stoked! i took futronic's suggestion and bought the 2003 hugel gentil wine from vintages, and some cava to go with dinner.

Alita

TRIBE Member
I'm having a fried egg sandwich on toast with cheese and a glass of OJ. That's right, so fuck you thanksgiving!

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
yummy yummy spaghetti and meatballs. my bf is SUCH a good cook ... no canned pasta sauce for us! yummy smells all thru the apartment right now, i can't wait till it's ready!!!

Sigh...

TRIBE Member
turkey from loblaws with cranberry stuffing and gravy included. its a big hit with the family. DEEP dish apple pie to top it all off. mmmm...

Sigh...

TRIBE Member
that's what my brother had b/c he doesn't like the cranberries in the loblaws kit.

i'm so stuffed with apple pie right now. i made the cooks classic apple pie and its ginormous. bliss.