• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What are you doing to prepare for the coronavirus??

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am putting together at least two months worth of food supplies. Getting a supply of the meds I take for at least 3 months.

I don't have kids so I don't have to plan for the innevitable school closures, daycare etc.

Also updating my will (not to be morbid).

This thing is coming, and it's only a matter of days b4 they announce dozens of cases in Toronto. First there'll be a handful, then there's 40, 200, 1000, 10000, if the virus tracker in the other thread is any indication of what'll happen.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
You scurred, brah?

12 months of MREs for 8 people, stockpiling ammunition and having friends and family tested before they’re allowed to enter my bunker. If they’re infected, fuck ‘em. They stay up top, in the snow. It’s God’s will.

Kidding. I’m following WHO recommendations and living life like a human being. Also, going back to Mexico for some dental work and more sunshine. With all the overblown bullshit and fear-mongering - this place sucks right now. Online warriors and the media are the real virus.

By all means, take precautions but don’t believe the hype. ;)

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Please note that coating yourself with sesame oil, eating copious amounts of garlic and showering in alcohol or chlorine are not recommended prohibitive measures.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I've bought a 60 day advance supply of the 2 meds I take. In case there are shortages due to Asia manufacturing of the components (which is happening already). Also some frozen veg and extra meat from Sanagans which I will freeze. Today I will buy some tinned stuff, then I'm done.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I've started a stash of charcoal briquettes, Charmin, Rice, Bombay Sapphire, Olives, vin rouge, vin blanc, Prosecco, and Coffee.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Bought more gin, olives, and ordered 5 kilos of roasted coffee beans.
Don’t like gin however whiskey is in good supply. Don’t drink coffee but my wife does and we are good on that front. BBQ tanks are filled up, plenty of food in the fridge, freezer, and larder.

4 large jars from the fall weed harvest.

And just in case, I picked up some extra TP and facial tissue.

And if everything goes completely pear shaped, I have a cabin in the middle of the woods in the middle of no where, so I’ve got that going for me, which is nice.

All above true but I’m not changing much if anything about my day to day.

What potentially gets complicated is if schools start to close and if grocery stores shut down, then I think there is a entirely different problem. Panic in the streets.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
I know we’ve been told to lay off the masks but I have to travel. Masks are sold out everywhere. ...but I just managed to score a burka at East York Town Center. It’s a little snug but should fit after weight-loss, due to people freaking out and stockpiling canned goods and shit-tickets like the world is ending. ...as if any of it will make a lick of difference.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kyfe

TRIBE Member
bought some TP today (we ran low)
Margarita mix (should make staying home a bit more fun)
loaded up on beans and rice
and procured other important products

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
I'm gonna try and scalp my Elton John tickets for the end of the month...maybe i can make a couple bucks before he cancels the show.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
Don’t like gin however whiskey is in good supply. Don’t drink coffee but my wife does and we are good on that front. BBQ tanks are filled up, plenty of food in the fridge, freezer, and larder.

4 large jars from the fall weed harvest.

And just in case, I picked up some extra TP and facial tissue.

And if everything goes completely pear shaped, I have a cabin in the middle of the woods in the middle of no where, so I’ve got that going for me, which is nice.

All above true but I’m not changing much if anything about my day to day.

What potentially gets complicated is if schools start to close and if grocery stores shut down, then I think there is a entirely different problem. Panic in the streets.

You... you have a larder? Dude where the hell do you live?

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit