• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What are you doing March 19th?

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Because it's been announced that Jeff Mills will be gracing the decks of Aria.

I'm not sure what to think, other than let's hope it's not too good to be true!!

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease someone try to book him here too!!! If he's already in Montreal..

PLEASE! :sobs:

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
his website only lists dates til mar 04,but i contacted a friend in mtl who promotes for aria,not in but he'll get back at me and give me the 411.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Bernnie Federko
I love how after the fiasco with 514 Productions he said he'd not be playing Canada unitl hell frooze over, then this happens.
Lets not get spanky bout that ... HIS AGENT said that .. not him.

I believe he has a new agent now :D

odbx

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
k fawkers who bailed on our last field trip (you know who you are), what say we make up for it FOR REAL THIS TIME, no hockey, no overtime at work, NO EXCUSES! Speak up! Lets make some plans!

odbx

ian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Bernnie Federko
I love how after the fiasco with 514 Productions he said he'd not be playing Canada unitl hell frooze over, then this happens.

That prima-donna is *so* on my list of folks I don't care about anymore because of their attitude. . . No offense to anyone planning a road trip to what will no doubt be a great time.

-ian g.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ian

That prima-donna is *so* on my list of folks I don't care about anymore because of their attitude. . . No offense to anyone planning a road trip to what will no doubt be a great time.

-ian g.
Ian, can't deny his staying power...been there from the very beginning and still doing his ting AND better than most fresh to the game...his new stuff is always stellar and starys from the pack...I agree on his uber status but it's just a distraction to the bigger picture,his music...very few I'd do a huge raod trip for, he's one

UR

TRIBE Member
If I remember correctly - was it not Montreal or Canada that Mills said he would never come back too.

If this is happening I will be there with those dam bells on again. I'll be in Quebec already with my girlfriend.

UR
Mills rocked Turbo last time he was here.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by UR
If I remember correctly - was it not Montreal or Canada that Mills said he would never come back too.

If this is happening I will be there with those dam bells on again. I'll be in Quebec already with my girlfriend.

UR
Mills rocked Turbo last time he was here.
A-RIGHT!

those who were there knew it was a somewhat special night...I had a blast,one of those rare times that I had a smirk on the whole night...camera was a must:D

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ian
That prima-donna is *so* on my list of folks I don't care about anymore because of their attitude. . .
If I were invited to a dinner party at his house and he displayed a shitty attitude then perhaps I would think twice about going to any more parties thrown by him, but really, I don't give a shit about his attitude if I'm not dealing with him directly. I can understand you feeling that way since you've actually had business dealings with the man in the past, but to me he's a dj up at the front kicking me in the ass the way I love it.

Primadonna or not, there is *NO* other dj around that I would get as excited to see or pay as much to hear spin as Jeff Mills. Period.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
If I were invited to a dinner party at his house and he displayed a shitty attitude then perhaps I would think twice about going to any more parties thrown by him, but really, I don't give a shit about his attitude if I'm not dealing with him directly. I can understand you feeling that way since you've actually had business dealings with the man in the past, but to me he's a dj up at the front kicking me in the ass the way I love it.

Primadonna or not, there is *NO* other dj around that I would get as excited to see or pay as much to hear spin as Jeff Mills. Period.
I'm more about his production...his sets display his ability to fuck up a crowd like no other but his own material is the reason I love him so...from his soundtracks to his axis stuff to his newer millsart(brilliant) he's always looking for new territory and I totally respect that from someone who has been here since the inception(for the most part)

UR

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy

I have to agree - some of the shit he pulls is very primadonna. Having said that, I agree with BBB. This is the man who changed the way I listened to music and I will always respect him for that.

I would not hear techno the way I do today if it were not for this man.

UR
BBB Hopefully I see you there.