• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

What are these types of records called?


TRIBE Member
They were (sort of) popular in the 80s, and were usually used when the music was being given away for free (usually with a magazine or something). The record is made of really thin, flimsy plastic and can be bent/curled like a piece of paper (folded, if you're not careful). I thought that they were called "slip discs" but Google is returning nothing.



TRIBE Member
the ones where ya had to put a penny in the circle ?
i used them as frisbees....they flew really nice.