• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

What are some good alternatives to Wordpress?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
What are some good or better CMS alternatives to Wordpress? Free hopefully. I am looking for something secure, easy to edit and update, and very SEO friendly for a small website.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
It has to be very light on bandwidth for the site visitor because it will be of interest to people in an area where internet access is very expensive and generally not very fast or stable.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
I havent used Habari, but really enjoy Concrete5.

there online repository of available add ons which allow you to install things like events calendars, set up forms, payment options, etc is pretty extensive, they have alot of themes to choose from, you do have to pay for some of the nicer ones, the free options are quite basic looking generally and most themes require you to build in functionality.

but i found it compared to wordpress to be a much more enjoyable CMS to use.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I put together a concrete5 site pretty quickly and easily for Treasure Finders, my South African Treasure Hunting Trips site. I used a free theme and I will probably buy the mailing list add-on for it instead of just using a 'contact me' email form. Serves the purpose though.

Treasure Finders - Gold Finders

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
did you do any meta data ?

you can add data in meta fields you can add via the properties , on a tab called custom attributes.

you can add Meta Title, Description and Keywords.

may help you index even more if you havent added them yet.