• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

what about a one night stand?

JLV

TRIBE Member
I want to know what your opinions are on having a one night stands.

Have you had one? Would you do it again? Have any of you ever had, what you thought was only a one nighter, and it turned into something serious?

If you're a guy, what do you think about a girl who gives it up on the first night? Ladies, what do you think about the men doing the same?

If you give it up on the first night, could it ever become a respectable relationship?

Thoughts?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Doesn't work for me, everytime I try I get connected on an emotional level.

As an aside its not really a factor of judgement for me. If it works for you I'm jealous cause it would make life easier.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
does a one night have to include sex, what about BJ, or a simple session of heavy petting?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i've never had a one night stand, and likely never will.
there is something about having sex with a complete stranger which really terrifies me.
that being said, i have no issue with other people doing it.

JLV

TRIBE Member
ChrisD said:
does a one night have to include sex, what about BJ, or a simple session of heavy petting?

I'm gonna say no. I think it's gotta be full on penetration.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
I think people think WAY too much about this shit.

sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's hard, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....you'll never really know, but if you let the fear of what could be prevent you from living life, you're a natural born loser.

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
Doesn't work for me, everytime I try I get connected on an emotional level.

As an aside its not really a factor of judgement for me. If it works for you I'm jealous cause it would make life easier.

Same. Although it depends on where I'm at.

Most of this year, I was on the rebound. But right now I'm not there anymore and I'm looking for something more substantial--more to do with companionship. If I like a girl who does the one-night-stand thing, I'd worry that she'd hop right on to the next guy and forget all about me. (That's called: "abandonment issues" for anyone keeping score) :D

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
penetration, then the Vulcan or the Shocker should work, or what about giving some wicked, hot smoken broad the tongue tornado?

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
I personally will never take a girl home the night I meet them, cuz really, who knows how many other people this chick has taken home already under those circumstances.
I've always been more about the chase anyways.

although there has been a couple events where it was someone I knew before the night in question, and it was supposed to be a one time thing, but it usually got turned out to not be the case.

IgStar

TRIBE Member
TaCk OnE? said:

sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's hard, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....you'll never really know, but if you let the fear of what could be prevent you from living life, you're a natural born loser.

well said.

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
TaCk OnE? said:

I think there is something to be said for knowing yourself and your limits. if you know you're sensitive to that kind of thing, then you should avoid it if there is a greater than average chance that you'll get yourself into an unpleasant situation, emotional (or whatever). So it's not like anyone who prefers to avoid those interactions is a loser. That being said, I'm also referring to cases where people know it's a bad idea (for them) because they're *tried it before*. I agree that people should try stuff out to learn what works and what doesn't.

littlejon

TRIBE Member
i have never had a one night stand, 'cause i know it is not for me.

i don't give a shit if you do, or if you have, and i am sure i could be convinced to try one if it was time for romance and no pants.
but i would not seek one out.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
Booty Bits said:
there is something about having sex with a complete stranger which really terrifies me.

ditto

dyad

TRIBE Member
ive had a few one night stands, and they were ok, sometimes they were great... anytime ive had casual sex its because i want something without attachment.

dan and i boinked the first time we met... despite every effort on both our parts we ended up really liking each other... now we be gettin hitched so it only goes to show you never know.

JLV

TRIBE Member
Booty Bits said:

a one night stand doesn't necessarily have to be with a stranger...

miller

TRIBE Member
TaCk OnE? said:

yep, well said.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
I've never had a one night stand either. (ie: in the sense of meeting a complete stranger and going home with them that night.) I don't really frequent pickup type bars, and I've never met anyone who I've been so into right away that I wanted to take them home that night. I won't rule out the possibility of it ever happening, but it's not the kind of thing I expect to happen in my life and I won't feel like I'm missing out if I never have a one night stand.

As for giving it up on the first date... waaaayyy back when I was last single, this happened more often than not, and was never a bad thing. In fact, I seem to remember that when it happened on the first date, it was because the girl I was with wanted to get down, but that could just be selective memory in action. :)

Either way, it just depends on the situation and what both people are feeling. Sometimes it's great, other times it's worth waiting a few days or a couple of weeks.

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
One night stands were high school for me.

I seek the emotional attachment now.

Sex sucks unless you know the girl; for me anyways.