• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

WestsideWax - Old Man Harmonika's Fervent Nighttime Ride [130+ BPM Techno]

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
Just in time for Movement weekend!

Been a while since I've put up anything - last mix was a fun set, recorded at one of our Basement Therapy sessions, that also suffered from poor recording quality. After my mate POA pointed out that it sounded like a Real Audio broadcast from the 90s, I un-lazied myself, ran everything through my handy little Presonus Firebox, and tore through a half-crate's worth of wax in just over an hour.

As I've mentioned in the past, I always endeavour to record my studio sets as if I'm playing in front of a 4 a.m. crowd in a big, dark room - if you're looking for headphone music, this ain't it. If, by chance, you have a hankering for raw and dirty, three-turntable shenanigans with which you can do some serious chair dancing, then please, have a listen. Super-fun time tracklist below.

Comments, feedback and YEEEE-HAWs!! always welcome. :)

70 mins, 320kbps mp3, all-vinyl, improv'd from start to end on 3 x Technics 1200

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/westsidewax/westsidewax-old-man-harmonikas[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Tracklist:

1. DJ Shufflemaster - Hermes Discord Soul - Theory Recordings
2. Chance McDermott - Hot As.... - Black Nation
3. Marco Bailey - Barajas - Reel Musiq
4. Bjørn Svin - Heated & Muted - Don't
5. David Roiseux - Untitled - Arrival Works
6. James Ruskin - System - Blueprint
7. Soul Mate - Remote Control - Phont Music
8. Surgeon - Untitled - Counterbalance
9. Robert Hood - Untitled - M-Plant
10. DJ Hyperactive - Reptilian Tank - Contact
11. Japanese Telecom - Rising Sun / Game Player (John Selway Remix) - Intuit-Solar
12. Craig Walsh - Fingers - Dark House Music
13. Y2K – The Wired World - Premier Records
14. DJ ESP - Slow-Mo - Definitive Recordings
15. 1016 - Do That - Bush
16. Stephen Brown - Music Is - Subject Detroit
17. Frank Ingram Featuring G-Man - Are U Receiving - Fieber Records
18. DJ Shufflemaster - Hermes Discord Soul (Reprise) - Theory Recordings
19. Fumiya Tanaka - Go Up - Torema
20. Abstract Soul - Your Way - Hybrid - Hybrid Sound Architectures
21. Traktor - Various Traktor - DIN
22. Rob Alcock & Tommy Gillard - Nature (Meta-Mix) - Continual
23. Grain - Untitled - Fat Cat Records
24. Oliver Ho - Midnight - Blueprint
25. Jerome Hill - Rel Und Pol - Don't
26. Cari Lekebusch - De Sju Skenande Kompressorerna - H. Productions
27. Convextion - Untitled - Matrix Records
28. Pole - Raum 3 - ~scape

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

gl*tch

TRIBE Member
YES MAN!

Great bangin' stuff! Had me chair dancin' and groovin at work. But wha' happen at the end!?

Some notables:

Track at 12min: Fack! Got me ridin' an invisible horse!
Lovin the tough, metallic + factory sounds at 20min
@min 24 weird squiggle bleep sample lifted from Robert Owen's - I'm Strong?
Great lo-fi, filtered bass at 57.30 w/ some funny and interesting vox after!

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
Thanks for the n-joi!

Track @ 12 mins = David Roiseux
@ 20 mins = classic Hyperactive
24 mins = Craig Walsh
57 mins is Jerome Hill - it was one of those "I MUST OWN THIS" tracks. Thanks to Isoprax for tuning me in - Don't is such an class label and Hill is a top-notch DJ.

As far as the end goes, I simply ran out of playing-in-the-basement-by-my-lonesome steam, and decided to find an interesting, contrasting piece to wrap it all up. ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

gl*tch

TRIBE Member
Played this for my mates last night during our scotch night and the crew was all: "Is this a new Dave Clarke set?"

You're coming to Dave Clarke at Footwork right?

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
Hey, I'll take a Dave Clarke comparison any day of the week! :)

Was mulling over the 15th, but don't think we'll be attending. Our last couple of FW excursions were really disappointing - just grown a bit tired of too-rammed venues with pushy crowds and no room to bust out, and DJs who seem to feel it's o.k. to bring their B-game when they play in this city.

Hope Clarke's an exception and that you guys have a blast!

gl*tch

TRIBE Member
Hey, I'll take a Dave Clarke comparison any day of the week! :)

Was mulling over the 15th, but don't think we'll be attending. Our last couple of FW excursions were really disappointing - just grown a bit tired of too-rammed venues with pushy crowds and no room to bust out, and DJs who seem to feel it's o.k. to bring their B-game when they play in this city.

Hope Clarke's an exception and that you guys have a blast!

You should just nut up and come out.

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
Shouldacouldadidn't...awaiting your capsule review. ;)

Friend had a good point when he noted that dance music clubs that allow their venues to fill up with people who are there mainly to drink, don't leave much in the way of room for those who actually want to dance. Yes, I realise that profit has to made by the end of the night, but these spaces end up shifting from dance music clubs into bars that play dance music. I can only have a decent night out when I'm in the former of the two, since I'm there for the dancing and not the booze.

Edit: Thanks oddb0x - glad you dig'dit! :)

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders