• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

We're credible, dammit!

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/cbc/s/11052006/3/montreal-billboard-percher-surrenders-police.html

Billboard percher surrenders to police

The 26-hour standoff between police and a man who had perched himself on a sign next to the Jacques Cartier Bridge is over. Mario Morin climbed down from the billboard at about 4 a.m. Thursday after fatigue, hunger and cold weather finally got to him.

Two negotiators from the Sûreté du Québec took over the case late Wednesday afternoon from Longueuil police.

Morin climbed onto the ledge of a billboard on the Longueuil side of the bridge early Wednesday morning, holding a photo of his daughter, claiming a connection to the fathers rights group, Fathers 4 Justice.

He was quoted as saying that he wanted the organization to be properly recognized as a credible support group.

Meanwhile, F4J distanced itself from Morin, saying he was not a member of the group, but rather, someone with severe problems who had attended a few group meetings.

Morin's protest was a spectacle in many ways. He spent the day waving to passersby, tossing large planks of wood down on fire and police crews below, and shouting while pointing to the photo of his daughter.

- Modus operandi -

Overnight, police pulled up a vehicle on the bridge, close to where Morin was perched. They played loud rock music from the vehicle to distract him while they raised a cherry-picker just below where he was sitting.

Inside the cherry picker were two SQ negotiators, who climbed onto the platform next to the protester, 30 metres above ground. Police then turned on bright spotlights so all parties could see each other as negotiating began again, this time face-to-face.

On Wednesday, Morin had refused police requests to negotiate.

But early morning negotiations worked, and the man climbed down with officers without incident. He was immediately arrested and will face charges.

Morin's stunt caused traffic headaches for the thousands of commuters who use the bridge. During the afternoon rush hour, drivers were stuck in gridlocked traffic as they tried to find alternative routes off the island of Montreal.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
it's like he's got an avocado buried down there...

and the fanny looks empty... couldn't he have put the avocado into his fanny pack?

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
to bad, I actually like what f4j have been doing in Britain and I agree with there message. Its unfortunate but in most cases after divorce the fathers get so little visitation and contact that within 2 years over %40 are completely out of contact with there children.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
to bad, I actually like what f4j have been doing in Britain and I agree with there message. Its unfortunate but in most cases after divorce the fathers get so little visitation and contact that within 2 years over %40 are completely out of contact with there children.
where are you getting that number from? and i'd be interested in seeing why you think that fathers get 'so little visitation and contact'.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
janiecakes said:
where are you getting that number from? and i'd be interested in seeing why you think that fathers get 'so little visitation and contact'.

Actually its quote, Dame Elizabeth Butler-Sloss President of the Family Division of the High Court of Justice (GBE). I'm trying to find the original document it came from however I believe its from a 1994 report to the House of Commons.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
janiecakes said:

Couple of reasons, first is related to the status quo argument. this says that if a child is in a school and in a house and living with a parent the ultimate goal of the court is to not disrupt this. Inheritly this means that if the father leaves hes pretty much screwed, however it also means that if the wife leaves and takes the kid with her as long as the child is in school and in a stable home before custody is determined chances are she will get full custody.

Our courts are pretty one sided when it comes to determining who gets custody of a child. Unless it can be proven that the mother is completely neglectful or unstable due to medical reasons she is going to get custody and the father will get visitation rights at best. Normally this amounts to an alternate weekend or an occasional afternoon along with a week during the summer.

This arrangement creates resentment from the child. Why do they have to skip there friends birthday to saty with dad for the weekend, or skip by scout camp instead of time with dad. Thus the father gets the hard shoice of do I force the child to come over to my place or do i let them go out with there friends.

Please note this is largely personal opinion and not meant to be a statement in anger or resent in anyway.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
KiFe said:
ta yeule espese.
Ta yeule?? Qu'est-ce que ca va dire ca?? On est Quebecois, mais on n'est pas des illettres quand meme...On peut ecrire sans argot j'espere..(et aussi, sans accents parceque je n'arrive pas comment le faire..Maudit ordinateur!!)

Utilise la langue des rois avec fierte monsieur..:rolleyes: