1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Were can I get a large inflatable turtle raft?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Jun 21, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

So on the island yesterday, these girls had a huge inflatable turtle raft. It was an awesome bright fluorescent green , and was like 10 feet in diameter. The chicks that had it would launch it on one end of the beach, and let the current take them along the shoreline all the way to the other end, at which point they would carry it back and start over.

This seems to me like the most excellent thing to do on a hot summer day.

I want one.
  2. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

Canadian Tire?
  3. Pottsie

Pottsie TRIBE Member

This is a large raft called "Party Island" that we had at the cottage for a few years. Coleman makes it and I believe we got it at Canadian Tire. It might serve the same purpose with the added bonus of having a small inflatable raft that attaches to it and holds your cooler for those really hot days.
  4. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

but then you'd have to touch the water, which is often loaded with e-coli/fecal bacteria and whatnot.

the thought of going into the water at any of our toronto "beaches" freaks me out a bit, although admittedly i have no idea whether it's safe or not.
  5. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Hanlan's is a blue flag beach, which means the water should be OK. The inflatable turtle was so large that you could basically sit in it without ever touching the water, except for launching and landing.
  6. sk8

sk8 TRIBE Member

7. dtox

dtox TRIBE Member

8. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member

OMg I am buying one and taking it up to cottage country next weekend!
  9. Liability

Liability TRIBE Member

We bought the pool bar one for a friend's cottage, she said it is quite a lot of fun.
  10. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

You should get one of these.