• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

~*...well, that was disappointing...*~

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
fabrice lig... but to be fair, I was about as mentally capable as a rabbit that was recently stepped on.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
this is sad...I can't even remember.
I tend to only go out for DJs I already know.

off the top of my head though, Misstress B at stereo in December. but my expectations were really, really high.

loco dice at TIL in Feb was disappointed but I wasn't there for him.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Richard Humpty Vision - Completely and totally undancable, for god sakes man 4/4 measures aren't that fucking tough.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Maui

TRIBE Member
After seeing a concert last night where the guy addressed the critic who slagged him, I have come to the conclusion that I am gonna chill on criticizing the work of others just because "I" didn't dig it at that time.
I'm on strike, so no stories from me here.

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
The last time I saw Tiesto at the Docks, the first time I saw Chus & Ceballos at Lot 332, Deep Dish a couple times, Steve Lawler once.. and a few others.... but the most memorable:

MAX GRAHAM at System, when Porter opened for him. Fucking worst set ever.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
DJ Hyper at Decadence... the end of his set made me want to slap him.. specifically the 13 minute trancey remix of the killers...

Skipper said:
loco dice at TIL in Feb was disappointed but I wasn't there for him.

you are insanse!

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
this guy last Friday at 5ive.

while i hadn't planned on seeing him and had never heard of him before, i must thank him for the irreversible brain and hearing damage.

merci beaucoup, merde-tête.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Thumpr said:

while i hadn't planned on seeing him and had never heard of him before, i must thank him for the irreversible brain and hearing damage.

merci beaucoup, merde-tête.
Really? He was bang-on on Saturdayat Elm, loved every second of it!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

why not

TRIBE Member
Maui said:
After seeing a concert last night where the guy addressed the critic who slagged him, I have come to the conclusion that I am gonna chill on criticizing the work of others just because "I" didn't dig it at that time.
I'm on strike, so no stories from me here.
who was it? which critic were they talking about?

Maui

TRIBE Member
why not said:
who was it? which critic were they talking about?
Hah I don't know if I should mention, as I'll just hear a bunch more slag from here. lol

Nah it was Jeff Martin, and NOW mag did a review of his album I think. It wasn't you was it? haha

Boo

TRIBE Member
None, because I haven't gone to hear a DJ in years

by the same token I haven't been dissapointed by any grunge bands recently either

Chaos

TRIBE Member
Mauro Picotto @ Guvernment...last summer I think.

He came after Misstress Barbara and Dave Clarke (who both rocked the house) and just stank shit up something fierce.

BRUTAL.

chris

HouseHeadSacha

TRIBE Member
Thumpr said:

this guy was so fucking bad a 5ive. he played NOTHING but 70 & 80's remixes of famous songs. he played abba tracks back to back that were WAY to long, like 11 minutes each!!! and im sure most of the remixes were HIS own because they were so incredibly shit but HE was lovin it.

he gets a 1/10
the 1 is because he was so bad he was atleast making us laugh.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
James Lavelle.

Here's a guy that, before seeing him live, I really had a ton of respect for. I mean, how are you going to shit on half of UNKLE?

WHEN HE SHOWS UP TOO DRUNK TO PLAY.

Too drunk to play? How about too stupid to exist. Fuck you James Lavelle. I still seethe whenever I play my Psyence Fiction disc.

why not

TRIBE Member
Maui said:
Hah I don't know if I should mention, as I'll just hear a bunch more slag from here. lol

Nah it was Jeff Martin, and NOW mag did a review of his album I think. It wasn't you was it? haha
LOL!
no, i didn't write the review - luckily someone else had to suffer through the album.
the funny thing is, this is not the first time (by far) that an artist has complained in concert about a now mag review.

whatever - i've been on the other side as well, and bad reviews can hurt a bit, but ultimately it's just one guy's opinion, and you can't take it that personally.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders